Angela Dawn's Reviews > The Quality of Silence

The Quality of Silence by Rosamund Lupton

Mar 02, 2016

The Quality of Silence is a thrill ride that transports the reader to northern Alaska in winter time. I've never been to Alaska but after reading this story I feel like I've been there through the worst of winter storms there! The thrills and suspense keeps the reader on the edge of their seat from beginning to end.

A mother and her deaf daughter are determined to find her dad believed to be dead in the Alaskan wilderness. Along the way, mother and daughter form a stronger bond than ever and the mother discovers the truth that keeps her family together.  Together they take charge against the elements and certain danger for love.

I'm rating The Quality of Silence 5 out of 5 stars.   The writing is superb as I felt like I was right there in the truck with them through their harrowing and at times nail biting trip.  The development of the characters especially the mother makes me feel like her at times when I interrupt my daughter.  The ending is exactly what I was hoping for.

I received this book as an ARC from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Quality of Silence.

March 2, 2016 – Started Reading