Angela Dawn's Reviews > The Wayward One

The Wayward One by Danelle Harmon

Mar 02, 2016

Ruaidri, an Irish seaman betrayed by England and Nerissa, an English Duke's little sister born into privilege are thrown together on an adventurous ride through the seas in the latest romance novel by Danelle Harmon. Nerissa is broken hearted after the man she loves doesn't marry her because her overprotective brother Lucien keeps him from her. She notices Ruaidri at her brother Andrew's party displaying his new invention, a powerful explosive. In an unexpected chain of events Nerissa wakes up on a ship with the attractive and enterprising Ruaidri.

Despite their initial dislike of each other I really liked the development of their relationship and I couldn't help but notice how perfect they really are for each other. He is proud but caring and she is stubborn and independent. I also felt really proud of Nerissa for standing up to her brother Lucien although his intentions were honorable he needed to let her find her own happiness. The meeting that Ruaidri had with her brother is one of my favorite parts of the novel because you see how much love Ruaidri truly has for Nerissa to go to the lengths he does to bring her brother and her back together.

I stayed up last night till 2:30 am because I just couldn't put it down and had to find out how it all ended! I am giving The Wayward One a solid 5 out of 5 stars. I have to admit I have a crush on Ruaidri now!

I received this book as an eARC through Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wayward One.

March 2, 2016 – Started Reading