Kristie Cooper's Reviews > Sabotage: Beginnings

Sabotage by L.S. Silverii

I was also lucky enough to receive an ARC copy of this book.

It took me a couple of chapters to get into the book – I found it a little dry setting the scene of Justice and Batya in the desert, but after chapter 3 it seemed to flow and move a lot quicker.

I HATED Justice in the Savage Souls series.
In fact I don’t think in all my reading I have hated a character as much. Could not stand him or what he did in the book and how he treated people. I just found him hateful....then I read Sabotage: Beginnings and well now I love his character and hate what he has been through. What he has been turned into because of what he has gone through.

He is a man that has gone through hell..more than once and come out the other side completely changed. This book is only the beginning of what he has gone through and what he will become.

I still think he is violent and hateful but I now know why he is like he is and that breaks my heart.

The connection he has with Batya is based on work ethic and ability to begin with - watching it develop makes you see Justice as human and not just a rogue CIA agent. The first real test of that connection is when you realise that that there is more to Justice than meets the eye.

Learning more about Ben and the CIA handlers and team behind Justice and Ben’s creation as such put Justice’s behaviour in an entirely different light. Ben is still really creepy and totally psychotic but very amusing.

All in all I loved the book. It really changed my perception of Justice not so much Fury and Sue but most definitely had me seeing Justice in another light.

Fantastic story and I am really looking forward to what the next book will bring and how it will meet up with Savage Souls. There seems to be a lot between then and now and I can’t wait to read how it unfolds....and if Scott can make me hate Justice again knowing his back story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sabotage.

February 28, 2016 – Started Reading