Emily's Reviews > For the Love of Anna

For the Love of Anna by Dixie Lynn Dwyer

When her mother died, Anna promised that she would take care of her father, even though he was abusive, drunk, and did not show a grain of feelings towards her. When her father tries to sell her into prostitution, it is the last straw. Barely escaping with her life, Anna flees to Pearl to her only friend Stacey, until she can recover.

Wyatt, Charlie, and Ben Cantrell are the cousins to Stacey's men and take an automatic interest in Anna. Not only do they want to protect her, the think she is the one they have been waiting for. Her innocence and fear towards men have them treading slowly as she heals from the beatings she arrived in town with, each one falls deeper for Anna as she begins to embrace the chance of true happiness.

This was a reread for me but my rating still stands. I like this story, it is a bit rough but I think the pacing is perfect and each of the Cantrell men are so different that you can't pick a favorite. Ben is the playboy, Wyatt is the stern Sheriff, and Charlie is the tender soul. Hope she writes more in this series.

**Reread to complete series, still a fantastic read Ben is an instant favorite with his naughty boy performance.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For the Love of Anna.

Nicole I thought that having this fall before Stacy's story in the series was odd. I liked Anna's story more than Stacy's. but this was a good read. I knew the outcome but I was still anxious near the end when I read it the second time.

Emily Nicole wrote: "I thought that having this fall before Stacy's story in the series was odd. I liked Anna's story more than Stacy's. but this was a good read. I knew the outcome but I was still anxious near the ..."

Me too, it was backwards. Did you read her new one. Very good.

Nicole I haven't what is it called?

Emily Millie's Second Chance, it was really good.

Nicole I haven't yet, I think I have the next two on my tbr list.

Emily Nicole wrote: "I haven't yet, I think I have the next two on my tbr list."

It's a good one. Have you read her Ocheadia series, it's pretty good too but not as good as the were and pearl series but worth reading too.

Nicole Emily wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I haven't yet, I think I have the next two on my tbr list."

I haven't read those. I'll put them on my list.