Denisa C's Reviews > The Crown

9199857
Oct 25, 2016

it was ok
bookshelves: owned-books

Apparently I am in no luck with endings of trilogies or series right now. After having a little bit of a bumpy ride with The Midnight Star, I decided to end yet another series - the never ending Selection series. I knew I would not like The Crown, I knew it because I got myself spoiled from the very start, on purpose by me myself, because I wanted to. And I still didn't like it. What a surprise.
First things first - the writing style is the same addictive writing style, that is going to make you not throw the book, even though you know you are not gonna like were it goes. It is an easy read, focus mostly, and here is me crying, on romance rather than politics, which I loved in The Heir.
I am the black sheep here. I really liked The Heir, and most people didn't, I didn't really like The Crown, and most people did.
The action is pretty dull. There are some plot twists, but I've learn who to trust and when. When you give me some character that wants to help our beloved Eadlyn, I know there is some shit going on. The book is way to short and has no real plot. Eadlyn must choose her prince, but along the ride things happen. Well, how fancy is this.
There is all this talking about political movement and so on, but if only you knew the end. Thinking about it makes me laugh, in not such a good way.
Eadlyn has no real character development. I liked her bitchy self, from The Heir, I don't like this something of a character she is. It did not impress me.
But the shit that got to me, was the fucking romance. Initially I wanted to start my review with that subtitle from the cover: "35 suitors entered the Selection. Who will win her heart?" Spoiler: (view spoiler)
And since I am in the spoiler mood, let's talk politics. Spoilers, of course. Sorry, but this does happen in the fucking last page of the book, so I do not want to spoil such bullshit that can not fucking happen in the fucking last page. So, spoiler: (view spoiler)
Not to mention there are other things that happen in The Heir, that are casually brushed away. What? Do you want character development in anyone? Well, you are not getting it.
The Heir was good, The Crown no. No. NO. NO. AND NO. I will stick with the Selection, because no matter how annoying America was, she at least had the guts to have fucking character development.
This gets two stars for Kile. I am a generous person today. Two stars for Kile and the writing style. I hope we are not getting another sequel with those two as parents. The fuck no! Sorry.
If you liked The Selection, the orginal trilogy, my opinion is to stay with that one. Just stick with that one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crown.

March 1, 2016 – Shelved