Jodie's Reviews > King

King by T.M. Frazier

See more reviews at Words Read & Written

I started this book on a whim... I was already in the middle of Prince's Gambit by CS Pacat, but started this one in PDF while I was waiting to get home to Prince's Gambit.

I liked the writing style. It flowed simply. The actual writing is pretty gritty and extremely vulgar with plenty of profanities. In fact, the entire novel is dark with characters that are criminals, prostitutes, and all round underground personalities. But there is nothing glamorous about it. It's dark.

I am desperate, and desperate people don't have the luxury of options.

There was places where the characters emotions felt a little out of place. For example Doe - I feel like her transition from terrier wallflower to sassy confident was a tad too abrupt.

“Pup, what I learned from being in prison is that we’re all just a bunch of ants.”

“How do you mean?”

“I mean we’re all scurrying around, doing insignificant bullshit. We get this one life. ONE. And we spend too much time doing shit we don’t want to do."

But I enjoyed this. It isn't often that I read a dark romance, but this one was interesting. I'll check out the second in the series.

My Verdict - 3 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King.

February 29, 2016 – Started Reading