Angela Covarrubias's Reviews > A Moment to Dance

A Moment to Dance by Jennifer Faye

Feb 29, 2016

bookshelves: contempory-romance

A Moment to Dance is the second book in the Whistle Stop Romance Series by Jennifer Faye. Although you can read this book as a stand alone, it would be more enjoyable if you read A Moment to Love first. Jennifer introduces several of the towns characters in the first book.

Ella Morgan has recently moved to Whistle Stop after her grandmother passed away, and she inherited her cabin. A cabin that needs more work than she can afford. She is working as a 4th grade substitute teacher, until a permanent one is hired. Ella is hiding a secret, and she is terrified that if anyone finds out, especially Tony Granger, that they will find her repulsive.

We were introduced to Tony Granger in book one, A Moment to Love. Tony is a Firefighter in Whistle Stop, he runs a ranch, and cares for his nephew Johnny. He has a lot on his plate, and feels inadequate at being a father to his nephew. Tony has a few demons of his on. So when he meets Ella for the first time, he feels guilty for being attracted to her.

Out of the first two books in the series, A Moment to Dance was my favorite. I believe it had something to do with, Patch, the orphaned puppy, and Johnny. Kids and dogs do it for me every time! Jennifer Faye has a way of making you feel at home in her stories. The plot was set at a nice, slow pace. I liked Tony and Ella’s blossoming romance throughout the story, but it was predictable. Predictable is not all that bad, because I enjoyed reading it.

I do feel that the issues, and demons that Tony and Ella were dealing with could have been delft with more swiftly in the story. Communication. I wont say what those issues are because I don’t want to give too much of the story away. I liked Tony’s mother, Carlota. She is a sweet woman that loves her son, and wants to see him happy. Like A Moment to Love, A Moment to Dance, reminds me so much of a Hallmark movie. I love Hallmark movies!

I recommend this book to anyone that enjoys Jennifer Faye’s writing, small town romance, and a sweet and clean love story.

*I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
*I gave this book 3.5 stars, but rounded it up to 4 because Goodreads doesn't have 3.5 stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Moment to Dance.

February 29, 2016 – Started Reading