Carrie's Reviews > Summer Days and Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories

Summer Days and Summer Nights by Stephanie Perkins

bookshelves: netgalley

Summer Days & Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories is a collection short stories written by twelve bestselling young adult writers and edited by Stephanie Perkins. Anything from straight romance to some involving some elements of fantasy there is probably something for everyone in this collection and a good chance to try some authors you may not be familiar with.

The list of stories in the book includes:

Head, Scales, Tongue, Tail

A Thousand Ways This Could All Go Wrong
By Jennifer E. Smith

The Map of Tiny Perfect Things
By Lev Grossman

As usual with a collection of stories there were some in this read I enjoyed more than others. I won't give a synopsis of each as they are too short and it would give away too much to describe them individually but if a fan of romance at all I think there should be something a reader would enjoy included.

There were quite a few in this collection that I actually loved among them would be Veronica Roth, Cassandra Clare, Lev Grossman to name a few. There was only really one that I didn't like at all which was Sick Pleasures by Fancesca Lia Block, this one really got off to a wrong start when the author chose to not actually give the characters names but only letters but then in the end the story just didn't sit well with me at all either.

Overall, an enjoyable read with varying tales of love and relationships. I'd definitely recommend checking this out as you just might find an author you enjoy that you might not have picked up otherwise.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Days and Summer Nights.

February 29, 2016 – Shelved