Micheline's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

bookshelves: favorites, multiple-reads, hero-worship, magic-witches-wizards, classics, vampires-werewolves, fantasy, young-adult, epic, high-fantasy
Recommended for: everyone
Read 8 times. Last read July 20, 2018 to August 6, 2018.

Updated review to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Quotes Micheline Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Do you remember me telling you we are practicing non-verbal spells, Potter?"
"Yes," said Harry stiffly.
"Yes, sir."
"There's no need to call me "sir" Professor."
The words had escaped him before he knew what he was saying.”

J.K. Rowling
“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”

J.K. Rowling
“He accused me of being Dumbledore's man through and through."
"How very rude of him."
"I told him I was."
Dumbledore opened his mouth to speak and then closed it again. Fawkes the phoenix let out a low, soft, musical cry. To Harry's intense embarrassment, he suddenly realized that Dumbledore's bright blue eyes looked rather watery, and stared hastily at his own knee. When Dumbledore spoke, however, his voice was quite steady.
"I am very touched, Harry.”

J.K. Rowling
“Harry looked around; there was Ginny running toward him; she had a hard blazing look in her face as she threw her arms around him. And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her. After several long moments, or it might have been half an hour-or possibly several sunlit days- they broke apart.”

J.K. Rowling
“When we come face-to-face with one down a dark alley, we're going to be having a shufti to see if it's solid, aren't we, we're not going to be asking, 'Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?”

J.K. Rowling
“You are protected, in short, by your ability to love!”

J.K. Rowling
“Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world.”

J.K. Rowling
“And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her.”

J.K. Rowling
“When we were in Diagon Alley,' Harry began, but Mr. Weasley forstalled him with a grimace.
Am I about to discover where you, Ron, and Hermione disappeared to while you were supposed to be in the back room of Fred and George's shop?'
How did you...?'
Harry, please. You're talking to the man who raised Fred and George.”

J.K. Rowling
“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”

March 24, 2011 – Shelved
May 1, 2011 – Shelved as: favorites
November 2, 2011 – Shelved as: multiple-reads
November 28, 2011 –
page 58
8.9% "'And now Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure' _Albus Dumbledore"
December 1, 2011 –
page 157
December 5, 2011 –
page 305
46.78% "...by the time I get to book 6, the reading pace always picks up :)"
December 11, 2011 –
March 18, 2014 – Shelved as: epic
September 19, 2014 – Shelved as: high-fantasy
July 31, 2016 – Started Reading
page 70
10.74% "I got chills when Dumbledore tells off the Dursleys for not caring for Harry as he had asked."
page 77
11.81% "Dumbledore and I share a love for raspberry jam XD"
page 100
15.34% "Dumbledore's chat with Harry in the Weasley's broom shed is simply beautiful. One of my favorites <3"
August 4, 2016 –
page 357
54.75% "Dumbledore's man through and through."
August 6, 2016 –
page 582
89.26% "Dumbledore drinking that potion in the cave is always such a painful scene *sniff*"
August 6, 2016 –
page 587
90.03% "Harry: I don't need luck, I'll be with Dumbledore. [...] Dumbledore: I am not worried, Harry, I am with you. *CRIES ALL THE TEARS*"
August 7, 2016 –
page 602
92.33% "I AM STILL NOT OK WITH THIS. I will NEVER be ok with this."
August 7, 2016 –
page 652
100.0% "So. Many. Feelings."
August 7, 2016 – Finished Reading
July 20, 2018 – Started Reading
July 24, 2018 –
20.0% "Am I the only one who gets annoyed at Ron and Hermione for NOT considering that Harry was right about Malfoy?!"
July 29, 2018 –
78.0% "HORCRUXES ⛈🙀"
August 6, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Kayla I agree with your thoughts on Ginny. J.K. had her in the plot all along. I noticed she was their. J.K was just slowly building her character. :)

Draco as a Death Eater! I know right! Harry's hunches are always right. Why didn't Hermione and Ron just listen to him...

Micheline I know right?! I was so surprised when I first heard people saying she came out of nowhere's and J.K. was at fault for not putting her in the forefront more.

LOL! I kept shaking my head thinking: ''he's right! quit arguing with him and DO SOMETHING'' :)

Kayla lol :)