M.L. John's Reviews > Echoes of Darkness

Echoes of Darkness by Rob Smales

Feb 28, 2016

Read in February, 2016

Thirteen little pieces of dark horror, finely crafted and delivered in one convenient book cover. What more could a fan of ghosts and goblins want from a book?
I don’t read a lot of horror, but I found Echoes of Darkness deeply enjoyable. Rob Smales takes conventional monsters and renders them into chilling tales just twisted enough to keep you guessing, or he presents brand-new monsters awful enough to turn your stomach. But with every story, he makes his reader small and vulnerable. He has the ability to make you weak enough to remember what it feels like to fear the monster under the bed. These stories are almost primal. They speak to the hair on the nape of your neck. You might devour this book, but you won’t realize how frightening the stories were until they’re keeping you up at night.
Rob is an award-winning horror writer, so besides making terrifying little stories, he also makes well-crafted prose so easy to digest you won’t realize how quickly you’re reading this book. I got through it in a couple of hours, but I wish I’d spent more time with it. Each story is different enough from the others that you might need to take some time to digest them.
Five stars from me. If you are interested, you can pick it up here: http://www.amazon.com/Echoes-Darkness...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Echoes of Darkness.

02/28/2016 marked as: read