Chris C - A Midlife Wife's Reviews > Surrender at the Border

Surrender at the Border by Risa Leigh

There's just something about reading about a police officer romance. So whenever I get the chance to review a book that has anything to do with police work, ATF, FBI, CIA, or anything like that you know I'm in.

I expected this new release to be at typical hot police officer romance but what it became was a much deeper novel that captured my full attention.

Both the heroine and the hero in this book, Callie and BJ , are both damaged people. But when they see each other sparks fly even though they know the last thing they need is any type of entanglement. The author did an awesome job captivating the reader with plenty of action, a few heart stopping moments, a touch of feelings, and a little bit of romance that we are always looking for.

I was fully captivated and really couldn't put this book down. I love the in depth storyline and definite depth of character development that Risa Leigh was able to create. You felt every bit of anxiety and hurt that these two people had. Even though there is a happy ever after in this, I really wish we would have gotten a bit more of their togetherness at the end of the story. We really don't know what happened and that's kind of a bummer.

What I do know is that this is story that is perfect for those that love police action stories with a touch of romance. Well done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender at the Border.

February 28, 2016 – Started Reading