Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)'s Reviews > When in Gnome

When in Gnome by Emily Night

Feb 27, 2016

This is such a great read! I loved the whimsical cover, which really attracted me to this read. I then read the blurb and couldn't wait to get started. It was really attractive and seemed to have all the great elements I look for in a read. Wow. Not only did I like this read, but I was blown away by just how good and fun this read was.

I liked the characters, especially our main lady. All of them were given personalities, motives and unique characteristics that made them stand out and seem exceptionally real. I found it easy to connect with them and really liked that each person was true to themselves, throughout the book, even if it meant I didn't like them. I also liked that our main was adopted, which gave her reason to sneakily head off to the town, as well as have interest in what her birth mother was like. I found this a way to connect, as I was adopted. I also liked that it then led into to something so much more, life changing, but she still remembered where she was from.

The pace of this read was fantastic. There were lots of swift, exciting moments, that really kept mew hooked on what was going to happen next. It was fun to race along, as she discovered her heritage and just what the secret was, in Gnome.

The story itself w well plotted, detailed and had lots of great twists, to keep me on my toes. I liked where it led and think it is a brilliant start to a great series. I can't wait to read more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When in Gnome.

Started Reading