Jessica Miller's Reviews > Answering Jihad: A Better Way Forward

Answering Jihad by Nabeel Qureshi

Nabeel Qureshi is currently my favorite author. I became a huge fan after reading his previous riveting book, Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus. It was hard to put that book down. While this one is very different in content and style, it also captured my attention and was easy to finish (something I cannot say for most books). He has done an excellent job of clarifying some very confusing things happening in our world today. He writes out of a deep love for Muslims and a scholar's understanding of Islam.

One exceptional quality in this book is the reference to extremely current events. Nabeel worked with a team of people to produce this book in only three weeks so that helps explain why the book in some places reads more like an online journal, making reference to events that happened only a couple of months prior to the book's publication.

Other reviews have done an excellent job of giving a summary of the book's contents. What I would add is that I have a particular interest in this subject and have kept fairly abreast of current events, but I have had some nagging, unresolved questions that this book really helped me understand. Some of the concepts I found most helpful were: progressive Islam (vs. reformation), takfir and the misconceptions regarding Muslim-on-Muslim violence, and fiqh (which clarified for me how Muslims could legitimately be following a peaceful, albeit inconsistent, version of Islam).

Nabeel has wonderful skills in condensing extremely complicated historical, theological, and socio-political data into a simple format for the lay reader. I really wish everyone in America could read this book. I especially hope Christians will read this book and take to heart the recommendations Nabeel gives for how we can reach out in love to our Muslim neighbors.

I was privileged to get a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Answering Jihad.

February 20, 2016 – Started Reading
February 27, 2016 – Shelved
February 27, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Brandon (new) - added it

Brandon Kehl I love Brother Nabeel. I want to meet the man one day or in heaven. I struggled after being approached to convert to Islam and The Lird worked through Naneel and Ravi Zacharias to reach me and reach me to come back to Christ.

message 2: by Brandon (new) - added it

Brandon Kehl Misspelled please know what I meant. He is awesome and has The Holy Ghost

Laura Perfectly said. I loved this book for the understanding of Islam it provides and for the Christian's answer to it.