Female Person's Reviews > Soul to Keep

Soul to Keep by Rebekah Weatherspoon

bookshelves: unfinished, lgbt

For Netgalley

I could not finishing reading this book. Why? Because all the characters are incredibly annoying and somewhat immature. I was able to tolerate, even like the first book in this series but after that it kept going downhill. The main issue is that none of the main characters that the author chooses to explore are likeable. Whenever a character is introduced the author goes out of her way to tell us quite literally that this character is annoying and most of the supporting characters that interact with them will go on and on about how annoying this character is. One of the main character in this book is even bullied a little because of how annoying she is. Also characters are sometimes introduced as not very physically attractive and the book will keep mentioning that. So the author hits us over the head repeatedly with how annoying and not very attractive a character is and then somewhere along the way she tries to switch it up and make these 'defects' attractive but its not convincing to me, I've already been convinced otherwise.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul to Keep.

February 27, 2016 – Shelved