Alison's Reviews > Birth of an American Gigolo

Birth of an American Gigolo by Deek Rhew

This book is fresh, fun and flirty .. it also encompasses a satisfying revenge plot. Don’t get me wrong I’m not a spiteful person but when you read about Cindie the tree-hugging, vomit inducing goody two-shoes mistress there will be a slightly smug reaction.

Lindsey is married to Stewart .. Lindsey is an ex-party girl turned domestic goddess .. Stewart is boring and mundane. How he ever got into an affair is beyond me. Anyway .. as previously mentioned he is playing around with the hideous Cindie and understandably Lindsey is not too impressed. Any ‘normal’ woman may tell him where to go but that wouldn’t make a story would it!

So, while the man is away the lady of the house decides she needs a little action of her own to secure her financial status .. enter Dios the hunky stallion love-god .. once Lindsey sets her sights on him the plot thickens .. it becomes quite amusing as she ‘trains’ her toy boy to a level where she can use him in her new escort business. I won’t go into the details of how he is connected to the story or it will spoil the ending.

Look out for the sickening crunch of the scooter .. I almost felt Lindsey’s satisfaction at that point! This kept me entertained and I read it in one sitting .. the only part where my mind wandered a little were the Angel segments .. I didn’t think she added much to the book but that is simply personal preference. I liked some of the other characters more. Certainly an author to keep an eye on and I will be interested to see what he comes up with next.

Many thanks to the author and Tenacious Books for the opportunity to read this in exchange for my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Birth of an American Gigolo.

February 27, 2016 – Started Reading