April's Reviews > A Tale of Two Castles

A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine

Mar 23, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: netgalley, ereader, for-review, middle-grade, fantasy
Read from March 23 to April 01, 2011

I am pretty sure everyone who begins a book enters the book hoping to love it. With a select few books that people may start off with their fists swinging, I think the vast majority of us want to love what we read. I am not immune to this, nor do I ever want to be immune to the desire to fall for new words and worlds. Unfortunately, I ultimately did not love A Tale Of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine, despite my hopes.

Read the rest of my review here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tale of Two Castles.

message 1: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley Jealous! I love GCL!

April Ashley wrote: "Jealous! I love GCL!"

It's on Netgalley!

message 3: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley Good to know. I haven't used that yet, b/c I don't have an e-reader, but I've been debating starting on my computer... Will have to look into that more! Thanks!

Christina (A Reader of Fictions) So you decided not to put full reviews up here anymore, huh?

April Christina (A Reader of Fictions) wrote: "So you decided not to put full reviews up here anymore, huh?"

Well, these reviews were up. But I am abridging so I don't run into any sort of duplicate content issue or anything.

Elinor  Loredan I feel the same way about the characters. Just when I start getting fond of Meenore and Jonty Um, they are whisked out of the spotlight, and Elodie, engaging at first, grows distant too. Something just didn't work! Disappointing.