Dan's Reviews > Dreams of the Ringed Vale

Dreams of the Ringed Vale by Robert Fanney

bookshelves: fantasy, adventure, magic, dragons, angels, elves
Recommended for: Fantasy Lovers

From the first page to the final page this book was absolutely amazing. In it were many things I've never seen in a work of this kind before. The Vyrl, in my opinion, were a masterwork. A must read for fantasy lovers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of the Ringed Vale.

Started Reading
April 1, 2008 – Shelved as: magic
April 1, 2008 – Shelved as: dragons
April 1, 2008 – Shelved as: angels
April 1, 2008 – Shelved as: elves

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Theri I completely agree about the Vyrl!

message 2: by Dan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dan Yeah. They rock.

Theri So did you have any other favorite characters. Othalas was a personal favorite of mine.

Anna Well my favorite was Melkion. He's so fun and snarky.

message 5: by Dan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dan Othalas and Ecthellien. They are badass.

message 6: by Dan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dan Ur. Just a question since I have all you guys here. Do you know when "War of Mists" is coming out?

Katy Well this may sound silly but Luthiel is my favorite. I can really relate to her. I feel responsible for the people I love like her.

Katy Oh Dan! I just saw your question. I think the answer is June 1. But you may want to check luthielssong.com. I saw an announcement there a few days back.

Todd My two favorites were Galwin and Gormtoth. Luthiel should fall in love with Galwin, not Vaelros. Vaelros is a pansy.

Theri We don't really know who Luthiel will fall in love with yet, do we? It could be anyone. I liked Vaelros. Tough story.

message 11: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna So no-one else likes Melkion like me? I mean, what's not to love about a little dragon with wings that turn light into rainbows? Plus that sense of humor.

Hey, does anyone else get the idea Melkion is hiding something?

message 12: by Dan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dan Melkion was pretty cool. I could see why a girl might really like his character. Always flitting around and cracking silly jokes.

But Vaelros and Galwin? They're both kinda wimpy. I could see Luthiel with a real man. A shame Othalas is a wolf. I guess he would be too old for Luthiel anyway.

message 13: by Dan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dan Yeah, and I did check that website. You're right. War of Mists is coming out June 1.

message 14: by Katy (last edited Feb 27, 2008 02:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy I can't wait for it!

You guys are crazy calling Galwin and Vaelros sissies. They're just a little more sensitive than Vyrl. But I guess it's just the ability to do massive harm that impresses you huh?

Jessica Hey why don't we discussion this in a book discussion?

elkinshhhgycgey tyfxcccou llmmmmfui