Fani *loves angst*'s Reviews > The Borrowed Bride

The Borrowed Bride by Elizabeth Lane

Mar 23, 2011

bookshelves: marriage-forced-or-convenience, emotional, love-triangle, sweet-and-tender, hero-with-ptsd, romance-takes-the-back-seat, between-two-bros, romance-historical, cowboys
Recommended to Fani *loves angst* by: Mia

4.5 stars. Might still raise it to 5 because the ending was very strong. Very good romance, emotional without being angsty, but needed a little more depth in the main characters to become trully a keeper.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Borrowed Bride.

March 23, 2011 – Started Reading
March 23, 2011 – Shelved
March 23, 2011 –
page 55
19.1% "1. Taciturn, scarred hero with PTSD - check 2. MOC - check 3. Heroine in love with hero's brother - check. This has so many tropes I love that the writer must make an effort to botch it for me."
March 23, 2011 –
50.0% "I really, really like this one. If only Hannah hadn't started caring for Judd so soon after their marriage:("
March 24, 2011 – Finished Reading

Fani *loves angst* It seems quite good so far. I also caved in and order Parting Gifts for 22$ (!). I had an eye on it for quite sometime and you and willaful just convinced me to give in:)

Fani *loves angst* Keep it safe Mia! In Ebay it says RARE in every listing (and there are only few of them).

willaful This looks good and the library has it, yay!

Fani *loves angst* I envy you willaful:)

Fani *loves angst* Yes, thanks so much for the suggestion Mia! It was exactly what I was looking for:)

message 6: by Dinjolina (new)

Dinjolina Good,huh?
Been meaning to put it on my wishlist for some time but other just kind of gave it only one star

message 7: by Fani *loves angst* (last edited Mar 28, 2011 10:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fani *loves angst* I liked it a lot, but then I have a fondness for that plot obviously. I think 1 star is a bit too harsh, but I could imagine someone rating it with 3 or even 2 stars if it's not their cuppa. If you like tortured, taciturn heroes, I believe it's worth reading.

message 8: by Dinjolina (new)

Dinjolina Ooooh...i sure do. I sure do :) lol
:drags you to an anonymous tortured hero addicts support group:

Fani *loves angst* Yep, they're my weakness too:)

willaful It was a 3 for me -- I agree that it needed more depth, and I've seen the same theme done much better. It was enjoyable, though.

Fani *loves angst* It was the first in a bunch of similar themed books I read and perhaps had I read it in the end I wouldn't have enjoyed it so much:) But I did enjoy it, I think the hero did the trick for me. AJ however was closer to your POV and since I usually agree with her, there must be some truth there.