Heather's Reviews > Unruly

Unruly by Ronnie Douglas

liked it
bookshelves: 2016-reading-challenge, bikers, contemporary-romance, kindle, romance, series

3 1/2 stars

Unruly is book #2 in Ronnie Douglas's Knights in Black Leather series. I have found myself loving biker books lately but was pleasantly surprised when I started reading this book. Unlike most biker (MC) books I have been reading, this one was packed with drugs, alcohol and sex. While I don't find those factors disturbing in a book it was refreshing to see a biker book with a different spin on the biker world. Sure there was some "light" sex scenes and references to a criminal lifestyle but that was all.

Ellie has grown up in the Southern Wolf lifestyle. Her father was part of the club while still living and after he passed away it was the club that took care of supported Ellie and her mom. In a way, the club was extended family, and Echo (club president) was the father figure she never had after he dad's passing. Ellie is loyal to the club and would do anything they ask but as a woman she has no right to wear the club patch or colors.

Alamo has transfered from the North Carolina wolves to the Tennesse wolves after he found himself in legal troubles due to his short fuse. Alamo has decided to make this move a lifestyle change, to finally get hold a his temper and fist and to stay out of trouble. There was no way he could know that he would be finding trouble his first day into town when he was sent to rescue the beautiful Ellie.

This book had lots going for it. I loved the proceived love triangle that involved Ellie, Nash and Alamo. I also loved that Ellie didn't take any crap off anyone or back down when her future was at stake. I would highly recommend this book.

I received an eARC of this book compliments of the publisher for my honest review and opinion. All ratings and opinions stated are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unruly.

Started Reading