Jen's Reviews > Sugar Rush

Sugar Rush by Kimber An

Mar 21, 2011

bookshelves: 4-lll-reviews, young-adult

What a really REALLY cute story! I have never read a paranormal Romance book in a PG 13 way before - Kimber An did a REALLY Good job with this one!

This story along with the paranormal vampires (Alien/human hybrids) and shape shifters - has a really good moral to it - Ophelia - a typical 17 year old teenager who wants a shot to be as normal as she can be - was diagnosed with Diabetes at the age of 9. She struggles with her father's illness and her mother's stress.
And let's not to forget her wacked out over protective boyfriend (Martian) whom refuses to let her break up with him. All why trying to keep herself from going hypoglycemic.
Her Twin sister Bianca has a really cute sassy personality - and isn't afraid to tell it like it is. I loved the way she kept putting Martian in his place.

Ophelia starts getting little secret gifts (She's a Die-hard Trekkie (Star Trek) for 4 months and has no idea who they are from - until the Halloween/Christmas party when he revels himself as Sweet Wesley - since she went as the Princess Bride.
The story picks up from there as a true romantic story with 2 teenagers who have very strong feelings for one another (nothing too hormonal - but they do have a few really intense kissing scenes :)

This book has it all - action , love, suspense. It brought tears to my eyes, made me Laugh out loud , Gave me goose bumps, and I even screeched a little at the end - before I cried again :)

I am REALLY looking forward to the next book Crushed Sugar:)

A fun little quote from the book that reminded me of my older brother with his friends when he was a teen :)

Hey, Martin. Heard your new truck has a six-cylinder.”
That was guy-talk for "Dude, you‟re the Alpha Male."
"Eight cylinder, actually.” That meant "Damn straight, I am."
“Can we go see?” Meaning, "We acquiesce to your awesomeness."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sugar Rush.

March 21, 2011 – Shelved
March 21, 2011 – Shelved as: 4-lll-reviews
March 21, 2011 – Shelved as: young-adult
March 22, 2011 – Started Reading
March 22, 2011 –
66.0% "So cute! I love this story!"
March 23, 2011 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Just started it - but hooked already :)

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Just finished :) Whew- I'll type up the review as soon as my daughter gets off the computer - then hopefully start Crushed Sugar tonight and MAYBE have it finished by tomorrow night/Friday morning - Just in time for the release date :)

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen No I didn't know that - that's good to know. Not sure what could have happened 3 months before though - seems like everything happened all at once - but now I'm anxious to find out :) Loved this story !

message 5: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Did you know You don't have Crushed on your GoodReads listing?