Mark's Reviews > Acts of Passion: A Jack Cade/Michael di Santo Novel of Suspense

Acts of Passion by Sedonia Guillone

Feb 22, 2016

I was not sure what to expect from a novel that was openly LBGTV friendly. I've read love stories and thrillers, suspense that incorporated sex and love in their themes but never a man on man love story. I found it explicit and open, a good storyline with a police detective and a criminal profiler working on a case together to solve a murder where the killer and his victims were part of an elaborate samurai computer game room.
The plot swept along at a fast pace and was enthralling, the detectives suitably flawed; it followed the game plan that all thrillers should. The love scenes where a little over the top. I know new lovers often find themselves caught up in the spontaneity of the newness of the relationship, but whether its same-sex or a mixed couple going oat it the details can be romantic even when not described in the great detail this author went into, as if thrilled with the opportunity to show elicit love. The story could have gotten by with a little less 'color' as it actually distracted from a pretty good storyline.
Overall it is a well written novel, in the police-procedural style, that anyone can appreciate.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acts of Passion.

February 22, 2016 – Shelved