Megan ~The Never Ending Book Basket's Reviews > Virtuous

Virtuous by M.S. Force

So let's talk about how much I loved this book, and how I could not put it down for anything. From the very first page of this book I was hooked, lined, and sinkered. I could not put it down, and better yet I didn't want to because I was so enraptured in every single thing that I was reading. Flynn and Natalie's story pulled at all my emotions, it made me melt and swoon something fierce, and the more I read this book the more and more I fell in love with everything the two of them and all that they were sharing.

Virtuous had the perfect blend of build, romance, connection, and twists and turns to keep me completely consumed in every bit of what I was reading. This book truly had it all, and I can't tell you that enough. There were so many memorable moments with these characters, and it was outstandingly paced to the point that I was so entranced by everything that they were sharing together. M.S. Force created a story that I was invested with on every level, and I truly loved every moment that I whole heartedly experienced in this book.

I have to admit that I have had this book on my kindle for awhile now, and I could kick myself for waiting so long to read it. It was the perfect romance and book to read, and I fell so hard for the two characters in this book. I loved how fluid and vibrant this book was, and I especially loved that I had such a deeply felt connection to both Flynn and Natalie's character's. From the moment I got into both of their heads, I never wanted to leave. I found the two of them to be completely refreshing characters, who were extremely relatable and authentic, and there wasn't one thing that I didn't love about them. Reading and experiencing their love story in Virtuous was amazing. I felt every moment they shared, every want and desire and hope that they had towards one another, and their fierce connection is one that I could not get enough of.

Virtuous is a book that explores what happens when two opposites attract, and the fire and feelings that build between them in the blink of an eye. Natalie Bryant is a New York City public school teacher who is finally in the exact place she wants to be. She's in a new city, she has a job she loves, and she has left her traumatic past behind. She's living her dream, and she's happy and content, that is until her dog helps her run smack dab into one of the hottest Hollywood stars, Flynn Godfrey. He's a meltworthy man that every woman wants, and Natalie can't help but be a bit mesmerized by him, but what she can't seem to understand is that he is just as enthralled with her.

From the moment that Flynn lays eyes Natalie, he can't look away. He's drawn to her in a way he never has been before, and he wants to know all he can about her. He feels a pull and he doesn't want to resist, which leads him to pursing the elusive Natalie. The closer those two get and the more they get to know one another, the more the fall, and the more they start to realize that even though they want each other like crazy, they may not be able to make their opposite selves work. He like it a little rough in the bedroom, and she has a traumatic past that has her swearing off men. He wants to do all that he can to make her feel safe, and she thinks she's holding him back.

He wants her, and she wants him, and the feelings they share will touch the very core of your heart. Trust me. What Flynn and Natalie share in this book will pull at all of your emotions and will have you hoping with all that you've got that these two will figure it all out because you will know that what they share and what they could share is so beyond worth it.

I absolutely loved Natalie's character to pieces, and I love how easy it was to relate to her. She felt real, and I felt like I was her best friend when reading this book. I myself and a twenty something teacher, so it was beyond easy to relate to Natalie and her life in the present of this book. I loved how honest and open she was in some ways, yet I completely understood why she was closed off and vulnerable in others. I understood every part of Natalie in this book, and that was all due to M.S. Force's outstanding writing and creation of her character. She made Natalie so easy to love and root for.

There were so many moments in Virtuous when I just wanted to reach in and hug that girl with all that I had. Especially in those moments when she opened up about her past, and when she exposed the darkness that haunted her and allowed herself to be vulnerable and to feel it all. Those were the moments when I got so much of Natalie, and when my love for her just grew because I saw all that she had been through, I felt what that was like for her, and I got it. 100%. Natalie's gone through so much, but she is a fighter. The will and strength of that girl will blow you away, and will have you knowing that this girl deserves the world, and lucky for her, one Flynn Godfrey wants to give her just that and then some.

Now Flynn's character completely stole and melted and won over my heart on about page 3 of this book. I love that man something fierce right now, and I have to say that he is hands down one of my favorite male characters that I have read in a long time. He was so charming, yet so real at the same time, and through every page of this book I had no doubts that that man was an honest to goodness good guy. What I loved about Flynn was that he was so honest with his feelings for Natalie, and he didn't apologize for them. Sure he had his moments when he worried if he was good enough for her, moments when he wondered if he deserved her, but through it all he still wanted her, he still cared for her, and he still wanted to protect her.

Flynn is a huge Hollywood star, but that's just one part of him. He's also a dominant in the bedroom, which is something he struggles with in this book, as he doesn't think he can have that certain proclivity and Natalie. It's a struggle that is explored in way that makes so much sense, and that was so intriguing, and really through it all I loved that man even more because he really asked himself the tough questions. He pushed himself and faced some hard truths about what he did and didn't want, and through it all he was completely him and completely honest. I love me some Flynn something fierce, and I seriously need more of that man in my life. Stat.

Flynn and Natalie's relationship had the best level of build in it, and it was so fitting for their relationship. The two of them also share a fiery connection that just doesn't quit either, and the more I read this book, the more I fell for the effervescent spell those two cast together. What these two give you in Virtuous is real, full of meaning and such deeply felt meaning, and through it all you will see the true depth and power and beauty of what these two share. That connection never wavers in this book, and though it was put to the test in many ways, both Flynn and Natalie kept fighting through every page of this book.

What I loved so much about Virtuous was how honest Flynn and Natalie were with one another. They communicated and talked and were open. Sure they both still have their secrets that they need to talk about, but at the same time they were open. If they had fears, they shared them. If they had doubts about if they could do it, they shared them. If they had questions, they asked them. If they had feelings or uncertainties, they were open about them. That created something so meaningful and beautiful between them, and that open honesty and communication is just one of the many things I loved about them.

I could seriously go on and on about how much I absolutely loved everything about this book. I loved the romance and heat, the indescribably connection these two characters shared, and how much they cared for one another. Flynn was protective and charming in the most swoon worthy way, and Natalie was real and relatable and so easy to love, and through every page of this book I believed more and more in what those two were sharing. M.S. Force wrote an outstanding book with Virtuous, and the second I finish this book I am diving into the next in the series. I need more of this story in my life, and I can't wait to see what happens next in the heart racing and melting story that Flynn and Natalie are sharing.

I can already tell this will be a top read of 2016 for me, and I seriously can't wait to more Flynn and Natalie!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Virtuous.

Quotes Megan Liked

M.S. Force
“I’m sorry. That was rude. You weren’t asking me to go to bed with you.” “No, I wasn’t.” I smile at her flustered state. “Not yet, anyway. I thought we could begin with dinner and go from there.” “As long as ‘going from there’ doesn’t involve a bedroom, I’d consider having dinner with you.” I’m far more relieved than I should be to know I’ll get to see her again. “I promise there’ll be no mention of bedrooms.” “Or sofas or backseats or any other horizontal surfaces.” “You forgot walls, stairwells and shower stalls. I do some of my best work vertically.”

M.S. Force
“Wouldn’t any woman with a pulse feel tingly and breathless sitting next to the specimen known as Flynn Godfrey? Or does what I’m feeling have nothing to do with who he is to the rest of the world and everything to do with who he could be to me? How will I know?”

M.S. Force
“It may be hard for you to believe this, but underneath all the hoopla and attention, I’m just a guy. I eat and sleep and breathe the same way everyone else does. I’m just a guy who met a woman who interests him. I’d like to spend more time with her.”

M.S. Force
“I’m panic-stricken at the thought of her escaping before I have the chance to know her. I realize I’m in deep, deep trouble when it occurs to me that it doesn’t matter if she won’t sleep with me. What I want from her, what I need from her, goes far beyond sex.”

M.S. Force
“She’s blown into my life and my soul like a tornado and left me permanently changed. Why and how that’s possible, I can’t say. It just is.”

M.S. Force
“She leaves me with a smile that doesn’t reach her eyes, and that’s all it takes to tell me I’m in for the fight of my life where she’s concerned. That’s okay. I’m willing to wage war to show her what we can have together. Now that I’ve found her, I’ll never let her go.”

M.S. Force
“We’re going to figure this out together. One day at a time, one step at a time. Whatever you need, whenever you need it. I’m in this so deep, Nat… Please don’t leave me. Don’t walk away. Give me a chance. Give yourself a chance. If anyone deserves to be happy and loved, it’s you.”

M.S. Force
“I hope someday you and I will have a lot of sex. I hope someday you and I will start and end each day wrapped in each other’s arms. I hope maybe someday, you’ll be able to do whatever you want with me any time you want to do it and know that you’ll always be welcome and safe in my arms, in my bed, in my life. And because I know when all that happens it’ll be extraordinary, to say the least, I’m willing to wait. For as long as it takes, I’ll wait. I’ll wait for you.”

M.S. Force
“I love you. I’m crazy in love with you. We will get there together. One day at a time, until the ghosts from the past have been exorcised and there’s only you and me.”

February 21, 2016 – Started Reading