Leah's Reviews > Knitting Diaries

Knitting Diaries by Debbie Macomber

Mar 20, 2011

bookshelves: arcs-review-copies, netgalley-edelweiss, 4-stars, happy-slapsgiving, anthology, half-star-ratings, m-f, adult-literature
Recommended to Leah by: NetGalley

"The Twenty-First Wish" by Debbie Macomber - 3 stars

This is the first thing that I've ever read by Debbie Macomber. I've never really been too interested in reading her books so it was nice to get a little feel of her writing from this novella. I would say that this one is definitely a nice story, but it wasn't really for me. Everything just felt too...neat.

"Coming Unraveled" by Susan Mallery - 5 stars

"Coming Unraveled" is the story of Robyn and T.J., and if sort of a prequel to Mallery's latest, upcoming novel Already Home. It is a very cute story and I'm glad I read it. I always love Mallery's novels/novellas and this was no exception. It is definitely more along the lines of romance than Already Home, which is women's fiction.

"Return to Summer Island" by Christina Skye - 2.5 stars

This story started out dumb. Very dumb. First, Caro and Gage tell their life stories to each other after knowing each other for approximately twenty minutes. Huh. Yes, I can definitely see that happening. Then, they make-out after knowing each other for about an hour and a half. Very sensible. However, notice that I said it started out dumb. I actually did like it by the end and found it to be very sweet. Although that might have a lot to do with the adorable animals, Bogart and Bacall.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knitting Diaries.

March 20, 2011 – Started Reading
March 20, 2011 – Shelved
March 20, 2011 – Shelved as: arcs-review-copies
March 20, 2011 – Shelved as: netgalley-edelweiss
page 1
0.38% "At the moment, I am only reading this for the Susan Mallery novella."
page 15
5.75% "Changed my mind, I'll be starting at the beginning with the Debbie Macomber novella."
page 92
35.25% "This story is extraordinarily frustrating."
page 244
page 288
100% "This story is so dumb. Do people really going around telling their life story to people that they've known approximately 20 minutes? Somehow, I don't think so."
page 294
100% "Yes, I can see how it would be a good idea to make out with someone that you've known approximately an hour and a half. Sounds extremely sensible."
March 21, 2011 – Shelved as: 4-stars
March 21, 2011 – Finished Reading
May 12, 2011 – Shelved as: happy-slapsgiving
August 9, 2011 – Shelved as: anthology
June 26, 2012 – Shelved as: half-star-ratings
July 7, 2013 – Shelved as: m-f
May 5, 2017 – Shelved as: adult-literature

Leah Thank you. I'm just glad that it turned out to be less dumb by the end. Otherwise it would have gotten a .5-1 star!

Leah LMFAO! I'm sure you were. As I'm sure you know, I am doing the rolling my eyes and smiling at you thing. LOL

Leah Yeah...of course! LMAO

Mollie *scoutrmom* The twenty-First Wish is a part of the Blossom Street series, which is more about women's friendships than romance in my opinion. Thanks for the heads up.

Leah I realized that after I read it, LOL. But it is definitely more about the friendships than the romance. No problemo :)