Ashley Jasper's Reviews > A Problematic Love

A Problematic Love by Rebecca Rohman

Feb 21, 2016

It was a book club read that brought Rebecca Rohman's work into my life and I am so thankful because this woman can write! Every title she turns out shows an added layer of depth to her writing and this book was no exception. I'm not even sure where to begin to talk about A Problematic Love. It was so much more than a typical romantic suspense novel. There was a depth to the characters and you really felt with and for them. You will recognize the main character, Megan Kole, if you've been following Rohman's work. However, you don't have to have read those books for this one to make sense- but it does give you some good backstory (and the books are all great).

I really liked Megan and how she had built up her life after the totally senseless tragedy that rocked her world years ago. Her world revolves around her job and her son, Zach. That little boy stole my heart with his sweet innocence and joyful spirit. When an unexpected meeting brings Megan face to face with one Daemon Ros everything she thought she knew is put into question. Little did anyone know what this chance encounter will set into motion. But it did bring other characters that I already know and love into the picture. Everyone from Jada to Morgan are a part of this book. I can't adequately put into words all that makes Daemon such a fascinating character. He's intense, broody, reserved, almost cold but he also feels deeply, loves wholly and gives freely. His heart (and mine) was gutted after the event that ultimately brings him and Megan closer together.

Megan's tenacity in her pursuit of finding the truth causes quite the stir and puts a lot of people at risk. Daemon finds himself falling in love for the first time and it was magical to see his hardness soften. These two steam up the sheets and the office and the...well you get the point. It was hot yet tender and so much more than just sex for the both of them. It wasn't just Daemon's relationship with Megan though, it was also the bond he formed with little Zach that changed him. Those two fill a void for the other that they didn't even know was missing. But when the threats keep piling up Daemon does the only thing he knows will keep them safe. I got why he did what he did- but it doesn't mean I liked it or what it meant for everyone.

Of course, in true Rebecca Rohman tradition, all is revealed and no one is left unscathed. What a tangled web of lies and deceit is uncovered. My jaw was on the floor more times that I could count and my mind was spinning with one theory or another and none of them were right. I can honestly say that I didn't see the mastermind behind all the mayhem coming at all. A Problematic Love left wanting so much more. Maybe not of all the mystery and drama but more of Megan and Daemon and little Zach. And that ending was the perfect finale for this cast that I've come to know and love- absolute perfection!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Problematic Love.

Started Reading
February 1, 2016 – Finished Reading
February 21, 2016 – Shelved

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Rohman Ashley, what a well written and thought out review. You certainly know how to bring a smile to an author's face.

Thank you for taking the time to read my book and for sharing such in depth thoughts about my book. I love when readers take the time to write a review, even the short ones, but look forward to, and learn so much from reviews like yours. Thank you just does not seem like enough. I love it. :)

Warm wishes,