SirenBookReviews's Reviews > Field of Play

Field of Play by Frances Stockton

Mar 20, 2011

liked it

When I first opened the book to read about Grace and Dallas, I was very excited. I’d looked forward to reading the story following Quarterback Blitz. The beginning started off with a blast, I was led into the workings of a magnificent story and lost in the fabulous world of football and the sexiest players alive. And then a few chapters through to the guts the story barely moved. I read multiple sex scenes one after another. I don’t generally mind a ton of sex in a story, the hotter the better, and these pages scorched but there was so much at one time I felt it drew me out of reading the story. I had to go back and make sure I wasn’t reading a story from the Exotika line.

For a contemporary romance, I found I kept turning the page hoping they’d get back to business and find the answers the hero wanted. I was so excited to see Grace find her knight and for Dallas to find out he could commit it kept me reading. A little after the halfway life of the book it finally moved forward and I was able to rejoice in the reason why Grace had been hired in the first place. I loved all of the characters and definitely seeing Phelan again. Their story grabbed my attention once again and I enjoyed the twists and turns of bitter ex’s and the outcome of searching for the hero’s bio parents.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Field of Play.