Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)'s Reviews > Carried Away

Carried Away by Abby Brooks

James Moore learns the hard way that money can’t buy you everything, especially happiness.

James had it all: a trust fund, his childhood sweetheart and their upcoming wedding. Yet his world is shattered in one night when he finds out his fiancée has cheated on him. Left reeling from the revelation, James is on a downward spiral of booze, women and MMA fighting to release his anger.

Ellie Charles is struggling to keep her café and coffee shop afloat thanks to being saddled with debts run up by her ex. Honest to a fault, she tells it like it is!! Coming to a drunken James’ aide one night she’s quick to tell him what she thinks. It’s hard to watch the guy she’s crushed on since eighth grade hit the self-destruct button.

In an attempt to get his loved ones off his back, James gets either the amazingly genius, or amazingly stupid idea to ask Ellie to be his fake girlfriend. Ellie’s first reaction is to tell James where to go, but on closer consideration she has a change of heart.

Getting to spend time with her #crush, having fun could just be the distraction Ellie needs from her problems. Added to which is the fact James has grown up mighty fine with all his tattoos, new found muscles and motorbike. Throw in a few kisses in public to keep up the ruse; what could possibly go wrong?! Emmm, just about everything I’d say…..

Someone is not happy James is in Ellie’s life, fake relationship or not and makes their displeasure known. I’m hesitant to say anymore here as I honestly don’t want to ruin your reading experience. Suffice it to say, it was one heck of a ride and I loved every minute of it.

I laughed, cried, shouted and had a hot flush or two while reading this book. *Psst!!* There is this one scene in Ellie’s office in the coffee shop ~ seriously panty melting stuff but shush!! I never said a thing, right?! ;)

One line stood out for me which pretty much summed up James and Ellie for me:

“True love, when you found it, it knocked you off your feet and redefined you.”

I can’t wait for the next in the series. Prepare to be carried away!

Note: Copy kindly received from author in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carried Away.

February 21, 2016 – Started Reading