Ruthie Taylor's Reviews > Flying Solo

Flying Solo by Susan Mac Nicol

~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I am loving this series of interconnected stories by Ms Mac Nicol. Each one is different enough to be read alone, but getting the whole picture is fun too. I was a bit nervous about reading Maxwell's story, as he hasn't really been at his best in previous books - but I absolutely loved him, and Gibson turned out to be pretty fabulous too.

A true 'should not judge a book by its cover' story here, with Maxwell having a past that no-one would wish upon another. His little ways that are affected by his past are so beautifully explained, and are conveyed with such feeling. It was humbling that he had turned himself around. And the premise of the story here is that he has realised that it is time to look for Mr Right, no longer Mr Right-for-the-Moment. Breaking the rule because he is so attracted to a passenger is not what he wanted - but maybe will turn out to be everything after all.

There are so many lovely parts to this book - sitting writing this review a day after I finished it, enables me to reflect on just how much story there is and how much development happens over the course of the plot. I could easily read it again immediately and pick up even more. All these books have had interesting twists and realisations - and are all on my reread pile - this is definitely one of my favourites of the lot.

Thank you Ms Mac Nicol, I cannot wait to see what treat you have in store for us next.

Wicked Reads Review Team
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flying Solo.

Started Reading