Maria Haskins's Reviews > Tales From The Mists: Thrilling Short Stories of the Strange

Tales From The Mists by Ricardo Victoria

I really enjoyed this collection of strange, bizarre, and downright creepy short stories. Each one has a distinctly different style and flavour, with a different view and angle of horror, fantasy, scifi, and areas in between. 'Chickcharney' by Leo McBride is a horror tale with a creature I had not heard of before, and I really liked how it mixed the real word with horror. 'Bone Peyote' by Ricardo Victoria is another great tale, really well told, delving deep into the mythology of ancient Mexico.

Morgan Porter's 'The Pillar of Hendarac' is a dark tale with a good twist at the end, while 'The Beast' is a tale that gets weirder and more twisted as the progresses. And Brent A. Harris' 'The Server of Souls' provides a chilling conclusion to the anthology with a scifi tale that kept me guessing until the end.

A great read for fans of the weird and the scary!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales From The Mists.

February 20, 2016 – Started Reading
February 20, 2016 – Shelved
February 22, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Inklings (new) - added it

Inklings Ooh, many thanks for the review! Much appreciated! And glad to introduce you to the Chickcharney!

message 2: by Leo (new) - added it

Leo McBride Awfully pleased you enjoyed it!