Daniel Rekshan's Reviews > The Lucid View: Investigations Into Occultism, Ufology and Paranoid Awareness

The Lucid View by Aeolus Kephas

Mar 20, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: half-read-no-thank-you

I'm interested in conspiracy theories, ETs, and occultism. They seem like an overflow of the dreaming mind into waking life and I'm very interested in the dreaming mind. So I'm always on the lookout for a good, well written, and coherent book on these subjects. As you might expect, they're few and far between.

The Lucid View started out very promising. The author didn't assert facts or accuse anyone. He had simply presented a few principles of thought and applied them to his observations of history. Basically, there may be a conspiracy that controls the mass of humanity through history, like a play or movie controls the emotions of the audience. A good story can shape the psyche of an individual and influence the course of history.

This principle is interesting. Considering the spectacle of televised news and its effect on us, I'd say he might have a point suggesting it is directed to control its audience for the purpose of hidden individuals.

I guess I'm too optimistic about finding a well written and coherent book about bizarre subjects. It quickly degraded into the author's weird obsessions with pivotal historical events in his lifetime, effecting him personally, which isn't interesting at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lucid View.

04/08/2011 page 100