Atlanta Whitlock's Reviews > The Sun King

The Sun King by Sandra Kyle

I know that considering I write reviews for romance books you'd think that I'd be reading through every type of romance book but actually you couldn't be more wrong. This book is based on history romance, and I can honestly say that I am glad that I have had the opportunity to be able to read this book as yes it may not be what I have read in the past but it's a good story and I think that once you gave it a try for yourself then you will understand why I have come to like this book.

This is about a nineteen year old girl who has been trained to be respect those who are royal so when the chance for her to go and live as a mistress at the place where King Louis lives it has her mother excited beyond belief as this is what she has been preparing her daughter of this very moment since she was born. Cecilia knows that she should protect herself and her feelings when it comes to living at the place, however despite the amount of warnings going off in her head she can't help but fall for the King. Cecilia knows that it's only a matter of time before the King gets bored of her and finds himself another mistress, but after he reveals one night that he will be marrying another women in the next month, it shatter's her heart as she knew it would happen eventually but not this soon.

Soon enough Cecilia ends up finding out a deep secret about Louis and when it's revealed that the king himself hasn't exactly been entirely honest she ends up running away with Phillip. Even though he did actually kidnap her at first he then changed his mind and ends up saving her, and when he reveals that he is indeed the Kings brother Cecilia is honestly shocked.

However what will happen when it becomes that she can't seem to decide between both men, will she really be that unfaithful to both of them or is it only a matter of time until she realises what she wants and actually needs. Honestly this book will keep you gripped until the very end, I am glad that I had the chance, however the only thing that I didn't think worked well was the pace of it as it could be really quick one minute and then the next it would be slow. Other than that I did love the characters and how the story developed. I honestly recommend that you give this book a try as the writing is well written.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sun King.

Finished Reading