Vasya's Reviews > Castle of Wizardry

Castle of Wizardry by David Eddings

Mar 19, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy-paranormal
Recommended for: Harry Potter fans

Castle of Wizardry left me a little short on all the information I would love to have at the moment, but I guess that's just because I'm a bit greedy here.

The big culmination point that I was waiting for from the beginning of book one, Pawn of Prophecy, is here - Garion finally knows who he is, what he must do and he's got to get used to that idea really, really fast. I liked that part of the book a lot, but after that I got a little bit confused. The prophecy tells us that the Child of Light and the Child of Dark must meet, but the fact that the companions are mentioned (you'll figure that one out when you come to it) and that their role was pretty much over with the whole "returning the thing back to where it belongs ceremony" was a bit disappointing. It also reminds me a lot of the ending of The Fellowship of the Ring, the last scene where the fellowship breaks apart and every character has it's own way to cross. It surprised me most, I believe, was because I wasn't expecting it at all and because it happened very quickly.

What I do like in this book is the way Ce'Nedra got into her role. She still has one tantrum or another, but she really grows up. What surprised me about it was how awesome a character she is now - I really didn't like her as a spoiled little girl.

It was also about time for her and Garion. They haven't resolved much, but the way they acted around each other really put a smile on my face.It wasn't really all that hard to figure what's happening between them, but it's refreshing that at least they got somthing out there in the open.

Now the great finale begins, and if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go and read some more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Castle of Wizardry.

March 19, 2011 – Started Reading
March 19, 2011 – Shelved
March 20, 2011 –
page 283
75.47% "He took both her hands in his and gazed adoringly into her eyes. The gaze she returned was just as full of love and just as empty of thought. Ce'Nedra shuddered inwardly at the potential for disaster implicit in the look the two exchanged."
March 20, 2011 – Shelved as: fantasy-paranormal