Kristi's Reviews > Maiden Rock

Maiden Rock by Mary Logue

Mar 18, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: mystery, fiction, ebook, kindle, own

I've really enjoyed the Claire Watkins series, though for some reason it had fallen to the wayside and I hadn't read one for a while. Then, several titles were discounted on Kindle a few months back so I added them to my library. It has been quite a while since I read one of these, but I felt like this was not one of the better ones.

Catching up with Claire, Rich and Meg was nice but the mystery didn't do much for me this time around. It isn't unusual for me to come across a slump in a series though so I'm not writing it off. Not to mention, I already have the next two books in my library. Hopefully things pick back up with the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maiden Rock.

March 18, 2011 – Shelved
March 18, 2011 – Shelved as: mystery
March 18, 2011 – Shelved as: fiction
November 4, 2013 – Shelved as: ebook
November 4, 2013 – Shelved as: kindle
November 4, 2013 – Shelved as: own
January 4, 2014 – Started Reading
January 8, 2014 –
86.0% "It has been quite a while since I read this series, but this one seems a bit different than previous titles. Perhaps just because Claire is directly involved? All that said, the Kindle formatting of this title is annoying. Words are fine, there aren't strange characters, but there is a lack of proper paragraph formatting. Dialogue especially all runs together which can be difficult to sort out."
January 8, 2014 – Finished Reading