Fani *loves angst*'s Reviews > Lothaire

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

Mar 18, 2011

bookshelves: romance-pnr, paperbacks-i-own, from-opposite-tracks, bad-bad-boy, lethal-hero, hero-is-cold-or-rude, miss-perfect, didnt-reach-expectations, 3-half-stars, cinder-f-ella, fated-to-be-mated
Read from January 27 to 31, 2012 — I own a copy

Apparently Kresley Cole doesn't know how to write a bad book even if she wanted to. Lothaire is just another good book in the series that all fans will enjoy. Unfortunately, it's not her best effort till now, on the contrary it's one of the weakest IMO. The dialogues till 75% are funny and witty, Lothaire an unforgivingly bad boy till the end (you have to appreciate that she didn't turn him into a 'nice guy' to make him more lovable) and Ellie a very nice heroine, clever and feisty but never bitchy. However, things did get a bit too sappy in the end, Lothaire remained a bit more of a jerk that I'd like and worst of all, there was no progress in the overall story arc nor any appearences of previous heroes, except the usual suspect, namely Nix. Lothaire and Ellie spent most of the book completely isolated from the whole Lore in an luxurious apartment, so there was no travelling around nor any grand adventure to be faced, while the question of making Ellie a queen fit for Lothaire seemed to be answered more easily/cursorily than I expected.

Still, it was a very nice book and interesting to read. I did expect a darker, more intense book for Lothaire but this was more humorous instead and perhaps that's why I feel a bit disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.

01/27/2012 page 36
8.0% "At last my copy is here! But I remember Lothaire having pink, not red eyes, at least in Rydstorm's book. Does anyone remember if they changes later?" 13 comments
01/29/2012 page 177
36.88% "I never expected Lothaire's book to he humorous, but so far it is."
01/30/2012 page 302
62.92% "Can't find my version of Lothaire anymore:( Probably got deleted. Anyway, I', really enjoying it!" 3 comments
01/30/2012 page 346
72.08% "And just like that it turned almost sappy. I hope the phase doesn't last long."
01/31/2012 page 414
86.25% "The sappy phase is over:) Almost finished, but while it's a nice book and I read it with great pleasure, I don't think it's one of the best in the series."
show 1 hidden update…

Anthi plaka plaka tha mou arese k mena na htan pio skoteino alla ekei pou phgaine na ginei dark petouse kapoia epikh ataka o Lothaire k epefta katw apo ta gelia! symfwnw me ayto pou les oti prepei na ektimhsoume thn Cole pou den ekane kalo paidi to Lothaire gia einai pio sympa8hs, 8a htan h eykolh lysh k xairomai pou de thn akolou8hse.

Fani *loves angst* Nai re sy, poly light gia vasanismeno hrwa htan ayto! Pws ths hr8e? De lew, kalo gia ligo, alla eprepe na to eixe stamathsei nwritera kai na valei ligo drama. Alla kai poly grhora egine agaphth h Ellie apo oloys, kai fanhke poso eksypnh einai kai kseperase se 1-2 meres ta nevra ths giati thn ekane vampire... San na elyse ola ta provlhmata sto apse svhse enw edwse olh th varuthta sta asteia kai sto sex. Me xalase ligo:(

Anthi nai nai!! h alhtheia einai oti k egw hthela perissotero drama tha htan akomh kalytero to vivlio :(