Cassandra's Reviews > Hades

Hades by Alexandra Adornetto

did not like it

WHAT!? She is tricked in riding a motorcycle? How?

I am sorry, but it ticks me off how stupid and childish she made what's-her-face. I understand she is a angel just "born", but seriously? Can you at least make her a little bad ass? I like bad ass heriones. Not the little crying whinny girls. I understand that there are moments where that it is called for, but through out the whole series of books?

What the hell are you thinking Andornetto? Why don't you grow up a bit before publishing what you think teenage girls and boys are today. We are not idiots, or "sheltered" from the outside world? Be realistic?

UGH! And I hate myself that I am going to go out of my way to read this becuase of my fatal flaw of curiosity, and how I cannot stop reading a series after the first book. Curiosity killed the cat, you know? I swear that if this books SUCKS (which, god, I know it will) I will personally call the Andornetto chick up and scream her freakin ear off. Then e-mail her until she finally realizes the mistakes she made in this series?

And Hades? Really? I thought this was about angels? Oh, wait. No its not, its about religion. Christanity to be exact. She is sooo stupid. She has officially ruined my obession with angels. Thanks a lot, Obession ruiner!!!!!!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hades.

Finished Reading
March 18, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)

message 1: by Suhyun (new)

Suhyun I agree completely with this pre-review, the heroine totally pissed me off with her little whiny naive act but like you i will read it because i do love angels minus the religion.
I actually laughed at this blurb as well because it was sooo ridiculous, like really? did you have to mention the motorcycle? It sounds absolutely ridiculous....

Cassandra HAHAHA! I know, right!?

And the cover is alright. I am just curious to how she is even remotely tricked on getting on the particular motorcycle to hell? I mean wtf? You are an angel, have some freakin' sense!

message 3: by Suhyun (new)

Suhyun Yeaa I agree with that, the cover looks okay, really different from Halo's though and I know right, she gives a bad name to angels haha, its going to kill me trying to read a book where I have no respect for the main character...

Cassandra I know.

I am obsessed with Angels. I don't know why, but I just am! I love them! With out the whole religious thing. I hate bringing religion into books because that is targeting a very specific audience. I don't like that.

message 5: by Suhyun (new)

Suhyun Same, i absolutely love them, especially in Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter novels, I absolutely love how their depicted in her novels and i agree with you completely, religion ruins it, i always get a sense that their trying to preach to me...

Cassandra Exactly! I am so glad I am not the only one! HA! My friends are all in to vampires, which I don't mind either, but angels were always just the best whether they were the I-am-the-bad-boy-fallen angel or the I-am-super-good angel lol!

message 7: by Suhyun (new)

Suhyun yeaa samee, i dont mind vampires, the twilight ones annoyed me a little but ehh haha and yes definitely, angels are sexy all the way :P

Cassandra HA! I used to be on the Twilight bandwagon.

Then the movies came out and I realized how lame it was when acted out! HA!!

Those movies ruined it!

message 9: by Suhyun (new)

Suhyun omg! samee, i read the books and was like yea thats alright then bam! the movies and all the little tween fans ruin it haha

Rachelle If you don't like it, then just don't read it. You don't have to go hatin'.

message 11: by Cassandra (last edited Mar 28, 2011 03:44AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Cassandra Oh, god. One of these.

I respect your opinion, and if you like the book, then good for you. I didn't and I am absolutely positive this one is going to suck even worse than the last.

I don't like it, but I am still going to read it and "go hatin'" if I want to. That's what I do. Its what critics do. They read number of books and give thier opinion to the world.

If you don't like my opinion, so be it. I could really give a two shits what any one else thinks.

Cassandra Suhyun wrote: "omg! samee, i read the books and was like yea thats alright then bam! the movies and all the little tween fans ruin it haha"

So, freakin' true.
And what about the moms? I am all about for older people embracing the young adult books, but really? Trying to like hit on a 16 year old guy is a LITTLE creepy. Sorry. lol

message 13: by Suhyun (new)

Suhyun haha i agree with you, on both posts...
Young adult books are waaay to popular with everyone which is good, i guess for the authors haha but the story lines seem to get used over and over again... i'm actually reading more adult fiction for some more interesting plots...
AND also, have you noticed how all these young adult novels seem to be taking a few steps back from feminism, i swear the female heroines a getting weaker and weaker compared to their male counterparts who most 'cant live without' haha, sorry, just having a little rant, i cant stand weak whiny heroines haha

Cassandra Suhyun wrote: "haha i agree with you, on both posts...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't understand why. I am not so feminist, but if I won't even friend someone who is whinny, then why would I read about a main chick and about how amazing this bastard is and how he will control every aspect of her life and how all he is worried about is her safety!?

I will be like I am sorry, but I may be petite and small, but I can kick some major ass! lol

message 15: by Suhyun (new)

Suhyun haha i'm glad you agree, i cant stand whiny people in general either and definitely the same, i wouldn't stand for half the shit that some of these heroines put up with in their books, its utterly ridiculous!

Cassandra I know, right!?

For example, let's say I am at a club having a great human time. Then the guy I kinda had my eye on, and is definitely not human because of all the weird stuff we have been through, came around. I will be like okay he can come to me if he wants me. Then let's say he took another girl in his arms and all this stupid stuff trying to make me jealous. You know what I would do? The same immature thing. It sends a message. I am not going to take your crap. The guy gets all confused and then BAM, he is yours. :)

Works every time.
HAHAHAHAHA!

message 17: by Suhyun (new)

Suhyun HAHAHA exactlyyy, i do that all the time :P haha and i totally agree, two can play the power play that men and women have... As long as you come out on top its all goood :)
wow i sound a little bit bitchy right now hahahaha

Cassandra HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Its a compliment girl! Embrace your bithyness!!!! :D

message 19: by Suhyun (new)

Suhyun haha thanks :P

Haley ~ YA-Aholic I am so glad I have not read Halo...I think it officially needs to be removed from my TBR pile..just looking at this cover makes me mad..really an angel ..on a motorcycle.....? haahhaha.

Cassandra HA! EXACTLY! It makes no sense?

Like I said, I understand that she is a "new" angel, but still? They are from "Heaven" (I quote this because sometimes I feel angels can exist even if their is no "god" I really must be in the quoting mood haha) shouldn't they have this "divine" knowledge?

Beats me?

Cassandra Even though it pains me to hell and back (no pun intended!) I will still read this garbage and let you know if its worth reading Halo. Halo was terrible, but it sounds better than this!?

A MOTORCYCLE TO HELL!!!!!! WTF? hahaha!

Cassandra Haley wrote: "hahahahahah, If this ends up good....i will be SO INSANELY BAFFLED !!

I don't even know how someone thinks of that....a motorcycle to hell?!!?!? WHAT?? Why cant she just be dragged there or some..."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I will (pardon my French) shit some over-sized bricks!!! HAHAHA! I will drop dead if this book is any good haha!

Being dragged would have been better!!!! At least that would have had made more sense.

@the Twilight reference !!!!! HILARIOUS!!!!! HAHAHA! You have became my new best friend. :)

Cassandra I say that all the time. Like if something happens that wasn't expected I am all like "I AM SHITTING BRICKS!!! WTH!" hahaha. I know, I am weird. Its all good haha!
Its the reason why I am wanting to wait to get something published. But then again, maybe she is this snobby girl, because that's what I get from EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER from this book. I can understand why the angels think they are better than everyone else, but for every single character? And the love interest guy? I don't know. None of this seems believeable. I am one for fairy tales but even this seems too far fetched. Hell, The movie Tangled seems more realistic than this series!!!

YAY! GR Best Friends! Nice ring to it!

Cassandra THE BOOK COVER IS EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!! *Face Palm*

Cassandra HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Exactly. Vampires, angels, fairies are not real, but hey, we can dream can't we????? HAHAHAAH!

TANGLED IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER! HA! I really loved that movie a bunch! <3333

Exactly!!!! Major fail on the book cover maker. Lightning? Really? Don't even get me started on her wings. UGH! They don't even look REAL!!! UGH UGH UGH!!! hahaha.

message 27: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I kind of want to read this just because it sounds so stupid. I hated Halo, but I share your fatal flaw of curiosity––which continuously keeps me reading series I absolutely hate. But with series like this, which are so ridiculous, I almost enjoy reading them just to see how much MORE ridiculous they're going to get ... I mean, motorcycle ride to hell? Heh heh heh ... Okay. Seriously. WHO PUBLISHES THIS? As a struggling young writer, I find it rather offensive.

Btw, Tangled is indeed an amazing movie. <3

Cassandra ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "I kind of want to read this just because it sounds so stupid. I hated Halo, but I share your fatal flaw of curiosity––which continuously keeps me reading series I absolutely hate. But with series l..."

I know exactly how you feel!!! This is just offensive to all aspiring, struggling, young authors. *face palm*

TANGLED! JUST UGH! It is phenomenal! I love how she is so kick ass and girly at the same time! ^.^

Cassandra HAHAHAHAHAHA! I know this!!!!

Tangled is amazing! <333

I bought the soundtrack and singing along to EVERY word haha! Love this! <333

This book should just be burned.

message 30: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Sounds like a good party idea ... sing Tangled songs as you burn Halo! Yaaaaaaay! :D

Cassandra hahahaha!!!

It sounds absolutely marvelous!!!! I can belt out some awesome Tangled songs while burning some HORRIBLE books! hahaa!

I do not have a book blog just yet. It is in the middle of being done. haha. Just have to get some things together. Do you have a book blog? :)))

message 32: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Sounds like a plan! ;)

Cassandra I am so glad everyone is on board for this!!! ^.^

Cassandra I think so too.

I also hate her wings. She is an angel. Not a fairy. Just saying. Plus, they look fake. Lame. haha. :(

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) It has a pretty cover though.

Haley ~ YA-Aholic ya pretty...but the motorcycle kinda kills the pretty-ness.

Braiden You guys need to stop dissing. You’re wasting your time. Write a novel yourselves and let’s see what the world thinks. Obviously Halo was published because it had heart something that you “people?” just don’t have.

Yes I’m a book reviewer, but honestly say something negative AFTER you’ve read the book. That’s only when people will appreciate it. Right now, you’re just wanting attention.

Haley ~ YA-Aholic Uhm, I have plenty of heart, I know for a fact that I could not take all the time it takes to write a book. So with that said I completely and totally have respect for all authors. Just because I am making fun of the cover and the description of this book does not make me have less of a heart then any other person. Don't assume someone isn't a person because of their opinion on a book cover and description.

I am not asking for attention by commenting on someones opinion and making conversation about something we both find a little ridicules. Everyone has opinions and I would respect yours. You should respect mine. If you hated and bashed on a book I loved, I wouldn't care cause that's just how things are.

-Again not trying to be rude, even if you were. If anything I said upset you I apologize, this conversation was meant just for me and other people to joke around about this cover and description it was not meant for people to get worked up over (:

-haley (:

message 39: by Cassandra (last edited May 19, 2011 04:55AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Cassandra Braiden wrote: "You guys need to stop dissing. You’re wasting your time. Write a novel yourselves and let’s see what the world thinks. Obviously Halo was published because it had heart something that you “people?”..."

My review, my opinion, I can diss if I want. This series is predictable. That is why I am bashing it. I already know how this one is going to turn out. Believe me. And you want to know the screwed up part about it? I am still going to buy this damn book, read it, and make a review on MY opinion. I am not looking for attention by bashing a book? That is just silly. If I wanted attention I would just go on someone's review and start bashing their opinion. What Hayley said is right, "Don't assume someone isn't a person because of their opinion on a book cover and description." So Braiden, may I assume you are not a person because you are bashing my friend's and mine opinion? I agree the cover is prettyish. That is Heather's opinion, I am not going to bash her opinion becuse she thinks the cover is pretty and it goes against my opinon? That is just immature and childish, so I would ask you to do the same, please.

Also, I have wrote a novel myself, and I do plan on giving it to the world. And you know what? I don't care if people bash it to hell and back (no pun included) You know why? BECAUSE THAT IS THEIR OPINION!!!!!!!! Hahaha. There is going to be people who hate the book and there is going to be people who love the book. You cannot have EVERYONE love you and have the same opinon as you. That makes a terrible author. Authors have balls to put their work out there to get reviewed. People are going to bash things they think are ridiculous. That is HUMAN nature. Again, mad props to Andornetto for getting found and published. Doesn't mean she is a good author in MY opinion. Halo was an alright book, she just crossed the line with this one in my opinion, because of how ridiculous she made the whats-her-face main character.

With all that being said, if I was rude in these statements, I am sorry. I just don't like being called heartless, and deemed as not a "person?" as Braiden quoted. I feel that as an attack. Now, if someone wants to debate, I am the first person to be there, but don't get immature and attack them because of their different opinions. Thank you for expressing your opinion Heather and Braiden. I agree with Heather, it is pretty. So was Halo. HELL, so was Matched. I am a sucker for pretty covers. But, the words on the inside is what counts the most. I just don't like how they make it look unrealistic with Hades.

Scarlet369 I agree with Cassandra the whole trip on a motorcycle to hell sounds pretty stupid. And I hate that they have her be the angel but needs and depends on Xavier for everything! Ridiculous!! But I also will read this out of curiosity.

Cassandra Scarlet369 wrote: "I agree with Cassandra the whole trip on a motorcycle to hell sounds pretty stupid. And I hate that they have her be the angel but needs and depends on Xavier for everything! Ridiculous!! But I als..."

Thank you for pointint that out! She is the angel? Why is she relying on a damn human??? Makes no sense!!!

message 42: by Willow (new) - added it

Willow I like the books, but you have a point.

Cassandra I am so glad at least some people enjoyed it. I just couldn't. I like my herione kick ass and strong and can actually stand up for her self. I am not doing the whole women's rights thing, I could care less. I am talking about actually sticking up for yourself. lol

message 44: by Kate (new)

Kate So, just to be clear you hated this book. I'm not sure you worded your review strongly enough. Shame on her for ruining your obsession.

Cassandra Haha! Kate, I have not read the book as of yet, but I am planning on it soon enough. This was me ranting. I am not a very good at ranting haha. Once I have read the book, then I will be putting up a very formal, non-rant review haha.

message 46: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic It looks like I want to remove it from TBR list.

message 47: by Hannah (new) - added it

Hannah I'm almost done with the first book. There are aspects of it that I enjoy but there are also some that I find annoying. : / I'll probably check out Hades when it comes out in paperback just for the hell of it. And, well, I can't imagine how a motorcycle ride to hell won't be somewhat interesting, though I think the authors and artists of the Hell-Rider comics came up with that one first...

As for your last point, I personally see no problem with incorporating symbolism from other beliefs and myths into the series. But that's just me. :)

Cassandra Hannah wrote: "I'm almost done with the first book. There are aspects of it that I enjoy but there are also some that I find annoying. : / I'll probably check out Hades when it comes out in paperback just for the..."

Very true, Hannah! I am glad you are enjoying the story, though! At least some people are! I guess the main character, Bethanie is what has me so annoyed. If the main character is annoying, the whole book is just boring or even more annoying after that! Lol.

I just recently got a new boyfriend who drives a motorcycle and I could imagine if she is an heavenly angel who is still VERY innocent then the motorcycle ride to hell is not going to be pretty for her. After a few times of riding I have gotten used to it, but the first couple times were super scary! It will be interesting to see how she will feel about it.

Raine Herondale XD! I completely agree with the obsession ruiner part! even without reading the book, only quotes(which are just as bad) I know it sucks. but, it seems curiosity is both of our fatal flaws, and I actually want to read it(damn you curiosity.although thank god I ain't a cat, or else I would've been dead by now)

« previous 1