Nicola 's Reviews > Breaking the Silence

Breaking the Silence by Diane Chamberlain

bookshelves: books-i-own, death, cover-appeal

It's hard to not compare Diane Chamberlain with Jodi Picoult (even the book cover does this) but I didn't really feel like I was reading a Picoult book. Chamberlain's writing is still very distinctive and unique and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

This book was nearly impossible to put down. It's full of fascinating characters and tons of mystery. The whole time I was just so eager to know what the truth was and there was plenty of keep me entertained until the final truth came out- which I was pretty satisfied with, in the end.

I'm not usually a fan of alternating narrators but I didn't mind it in this one- it worked and it was very easy to follow. Laura is a really likeable character though certainly not flawless or over the top. Emma was interesting, well developed, believable. Dylan was much more likeable than I expected him to be and Ray and Stuart angered me a lot.

The ending was good. Some bits of it were a bit predictable for example (view spoiler), but the rest I definitely did not see coming and I loved how it all came together and made sense after so many pages of being confused and wondering how it all could work out. Overall, it was an excellent book and I'm really looking forward to reading more of Chamberlain's work.

For more of my reviews and recommendations, visit my blog: here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking the Silence.

March 18, 2011 – Shelved
March 18, 2011 – Shelved as: books-i-own
September 20, 2011 – Shelved as: death
October 16, 2011 –
page 38
9.13% (Other Paperback Edition)
October 17, 2011 – Started Reading
October 18, 2011 – Shelved as: cover-appeal
October 18, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page) I am not viewing spoiler buuuut i'm so glad you liked it!

Nicola That's why it's in a spoiler Steph!!