Carol's Reviews > The Merciless

The Merciless by Danielle Vega

liked it
bookshelves: horror, young-adult, read-2016

NOPE. 2.5 Stars

OK OK....I love a good horror story, but this tale of evil- doing was clearly just too young-adult (for me) for the most part.

It all begins when a restricted group of young teen girls get together for a little fun in a secluded, unoccupied house for drinking & gossiping about boys and confessing their deepest darkest secrets that ultimately end with revengeful acts of mutilation and torture, (no spoiler here) all in the name of forgiveness and absolution from above. (be prepared for some ewwwwww moments)

And...... although I found the rituals and cat fights a bit silly and unconvincing, I kept reading and discovered a surprisingly good, but short side story with a (somewhat predictable) dark twisty reveal at the end that the horror reader in me enjoyed.

2.5 Stars with a round up to 3 as I don't believe I was the intended targeted audience for this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Merciless.

February 16, 2016 – Started Reading
February 16, 2016 –
page 99
February 17, 2016 –
page 147
52.69% "What the hell???"
February 17, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
February 17, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by ❀Julie (new)

❀Julie That's too bad. Good for you sticking with it though, and good review Carol!

Carol ❀Julie wrote: "That's too bad. Good for you sticking with it though, and good review Carol!"

Thank you Julie!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson Oh no. I'm sorry Carol :(.