Nikki Brandyberry's Reviews > Animal Magnetism

Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis

Mar 17, 2011

Read from March 17 to 18, 2011

Animal Magnetism is a quirky, fun romance that held my attention and kept me reading page after page. I instantly liked main characters Brady and Lilah. They were entirely too cute when they got together. Brady, being ex-military, has a rough edge that needed some soothing. Lilah is a bubbly, hard working, wear your heart on your sleeve type of girl. Together they are two sides of the same coin. Both wanting to belong and in their own ways, fighting it. I was constantly laughing as I do in every book that Jill writes. She has a way of making everything sound so believable, and her characters always appear so real.

Along with the instant chemistry of Lilah and Brady we are also introduced to an array of secondary characters that set the groundwork for future novels. Along with Brady we get his two foster brothers, Dell and Adam, who are local veterinarians and dog trainers. Both are lovable and come with their own set of issues and tribulations. I can’t wait to see where each of their lives takes them.

Brady doesn’t want roots, he only craves freedom. To come and go as he chooses and his career as a pilot for hire has allowed him to do so. When he goes to the only place he’s ever called home, to visit his foster brothers, he has a run in with the towns most eligible female, literally. Lilah rear ends his car. Before long Brady is suppressing feelings he has never want to feel. Belonging. With the sense of belonging comes strings, roots and a small dog named Twinkles.

Lilah works herself to death. Between running a kennel with her partner Cruz, being the areas personal Humane Society and taking online classes at night, she’s strung out. She needs a bit of relaxation. Maybe a one night stand. In a town the size of Sunshine, that is highly unlikely. Brady is the perfect solution. Temporary. Being with him exhilarates her, makes her forget the money problems and gives her night after night of pleasure. Lilah’s heart can only take so much, having been broken before. Lilah is quickly falling for the loner Brady..temporary or not.

Animal Magnetism grabbed me when I had been having trouble finding a book that could. It pulled me in and made me feel for its characters. It’s wonderfully written and made me want more more more after the last page. Please Jill, give me some more of this eclectic family that is bonded by more than blood. I highly recommend this book!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Magnetism.

03/17/2011 page 101
33.0% "Please oh please let this sweet romance break my reading slump.." 2 comments
03/18/2011 page 196
64.0% "Quirky fun...loving it"