Sarah's Reviews > In the Dark, In the Woods

In the Dark, In the Woods by Eliza Wass

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss, 2016-resolutions, contemporary, death, r2r-read, read-2016, young-adult

(Source: I was able to view a digital galley of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Hachette Children's Group and NetGalley.)

“Keep your eyes fixed firmly on heaven. That is where we belong.”

This was quite an odd story about a group of siblings ruled by their father and his strong beliefs.

I felt quite sorry for Castella in this story because all she really wanted was to be a normal girl, and not to be held to all these strange rules by her father. She did make some less than intelligent decisions at times, but I think this was mainly due to her strange upbringing.

The storyline in this was about Castella’s life, and her siblings lives, and the strange way they lived. I found it quite odd the way Castella was supposed to marry her own brother when she was older, and how they were supposed to live a set way, and I really did wonder whether her father was suffering from a mental illness based on the way he treated his family.

The ending to this was quite weird, but wasn’t without some big revelations.

6 out of 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Dark, In the Woods.

February 16, 2016 – Shelved
March 5, 2016 – Started Reading
page 7
2.36% "her father wants her to marry her brother?!"
page 151
51.01% "Bored."
page 235
79.39% "That was really weird."
March 6, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Maayan (last edited Mar 06, 2016 10:10AM) (new) - added it

Maayan Great review! The book is romance? Was it incest? Like, she & her brother did anything & ended up together?