Deborah's Reviews > Best Friends with Benefits

Best Friends with Benefits by Candy Sloane

bookshelves: jd-read, ng-done, amazon-done

Valerie and Alec have been best friends most of their lives. They know each others joys. They know each others sorrows. They know each others secrets. They haven't seen each other in quite sometime except for Facetime. Valerie plays flute for the philharmonic and Alec is lead singer and guitarist for his successful rock band, Chronic Disharmony. When they attend their class reunion weekend, some things have changed, but some things haven't.

Once they arrive at the festivities, they are thrust into the middle of a spin the bottle game. Val's spin lands on Alec and the action begins! It turns out to be the push these two needed to begin a new avenue of their relationship. They decide to go for it, but with rules. But we all know rules are meant to be broken, right? The delectable way they break them-whew! The chemistry leaped off the page. And oh my, the sex scenes were scorchingly hot!!

Their friendship has always been easy, but this new found attraction is throwing each of them for a loop! They tried to make the weekend all about the sex with no feelings-thus the rules, but their attraction gave way to deep emotional feelings for each other. Val wants to be with Alec, but given his rock-star status, she's concerned that she can't ever be enough. Alec wants Val around, but doesn't think he can be what he thinks that she needs and deserves. Can they make it work? Or are they better off just friends?

Candy Sloane has a keeper in Best Friend with Benefits! I love a good best friends to lovers book and I ate up the tension that Ms. Sloane built throughout. There were a lot of feelings that they needed to sort through. I was rooting for them to get to the happy medium I felt they could achieve. It was thrilling, delightful, and very sexy read that I would recommend.

4 stars/4 flames

This book was gifted to me for the express purpose of an honest review. The rating and review are solely my opinion and in no way was I compensated.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best Friends with Benefits.

February 16, 2016 – Shelved