Jenn of Rave and Rant about Raunch's Reviews > A Problematic Love

A Problematic Love by Rebecca Rohman

Rebecca Rohman is one of my go-to authors. She’s an author I don’t even have to think ‘will I? / Won’t I?’ when she’s got a new release coming out. The answer is always YES! Maybe with ‘Gimme Gimme Gimme’ following that thought! Lol! She always does romance with an edge of suspense so right.

If you’ve been following along with Rebecca’s books than you know we’ve met Megan Kole before. She’s Jonathan’s (Love, Lies & the D.A.) sister and has a familial-like bond with Zoë (Love M.D) but now it’s time for her own story (Don’t worry if you haven’t read all these books, A Problematic Love can be read as a standalone). Megan is a no-nonsense lawyer who is strong and determined when she sets her mind to something. She has a son and has been taking care of him on her own (with the help of family) since he was born. She strives to always put him first, maybe even to the determent of herself a little.

Enter, Daemon Ros, our leading man in this story. He’s a bit mysterious and keeps things close to the vest. He is thrust into Megan Kole’s life when she starts representing his father and uses her determination to get a meeting with him but neither Megan or Daemon was ready for what that meeting would actual reveal. Daemon’s life has been full of loss and the yearning for something he always felt missing and the understanding of the what and whys. Little did he know that meeting Megan Kole would gain him some perspective as well as open up a field of new questions. Daemon is challenging, strong-willed, protective, and loyal. He’s a man who found everything he never knew he wanted in one girl and her little boy.

Let’s talk a little bit about little Zach, Megan’s son. Normally I shy away from romance novels with kids in them. I’m not someone who enjoys reading about them in my storylines (most of the time – there are exceptions). A Problematic Love and little Zach being one of those exceptions. He was one mature little dude and often added a sense of simplistic maturity or logic to situations. He was more like a little man instead of a child who was fiercely protective over his mom. He ended up being a great addition to the supporting cast and I felt my non-kid-friendly-heart melt a few times at his words.

Drama … Intrigue … Suspense … Crafty and well thought out plot lines. You can be damn sure these words can be used to describe the plot of A Problematic Love. The drama is heartfelt and also heartbreaking. The intrigue will keep you guessing and pointing fingers in every direction. The suspense will keep you turning pages until your fingers hurt and your brain is fuzzy from sleepless nights. A Problematic Love is clearly crafty and well thought out with it’s deep emotion and tangled plot twists. Rebecca Rohman clearly puts thought, sweat, and tears into each and every word she pens to page and it’s a clear reflection of her dedication to her craft.

The ending to A Problematic Love is strong. It’s soul-shattering in a romance kind of way. It’s good and I didn’t see it coming. It exposes an ugly side to the human race while we can still revel in the simple beauty that is love. While Love, Lies, and the D.A. is probably still my favorite Rebecca Rohman novel, I dare say that the ending to A Problematic Love may be this authors finest and powerful ending yet.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Problematic Love.

Started Reading
February 15, 2016 – Shelved
February 15, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Rohman Thank you Jenn for taking the time to read my book, and for writing AND sharing this AMAZING review.

I learn so much from reviews like yours. I get just a little insight into the mind of a reader and that in turn helps me as the author. I know reviews like this take time, and I just want you to know how immensely grateful I am that you took the time to share. I love it :)

Warm wishes,