Elaine's Reviews > Asking for More

Series: Asking for It, #2.5
Pages: 108
Publisher: InterMix
Date: March 15, 2016

Summary:

How far is too far?

Finally sure of each other's strength and love, Jonah and Vivienne continue to explore their darkest fantasies together. However, what should be a night of ecstasy takes a dangerous turn, injuring Vivienne. She shrugs off the incident, but Jonah is haunted by it, particularly by the fear that others may believe he abuses her, or even glimpse the truth of their erotic obsession.

Then Jonah receives a call from his younger sister, Rebecca, who's dealing with trouble of her own in South America. When Vivienne travels with him to aid Rebecca, she learns yet more about his tortured history—and Jonah opens up to Vivienne as never before.

Can Vivienne help Jonah cast off the shadows of his past forever?

Review:

At only 108 pages, this book/novella/short story was too short. It didn’t add a lot to the series, except some additional information regarding Rebecca, Jonah’s sister. There has got to be a book for her in the works somewhere.

Having said that, I was delighted to get to reacquaint myself with Jonah and Vivienne. I love both of these characters. I was hesitant when I received the first book due to the subject matter, but it is handled so well I can’t help but be engrossed in their stories.

Jonah is still having more problems than Vivienne in accepting their relationship. At times, I want to tell him to “get over it already.” Of course, his suffering was longterm and horribly abusive. I’m not downplaying what happened to Vivienne, but she is handling it better.

Anyway, the only negative thing I have to say about this book is it is too short. I want more and I want it soon.

Please??

This book was sent to me by NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Asking for More.

February 15, 2016 – Started Reading