Majanka's Reviews > Trapped

Trapped by Alison Aimes

bookshelves: reviews-february-2016, science-fiction, romance, book-tours

Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

When reading Trapped, I could barely believe it was the first book I read by this author. Alison Aimes has an unique imagination, and she manages to craft gritty, but believable, scifi worlds. In Trapped, Bella West crashes on Dragath25, a penal planet where a person’s life isn’t worth much. It’s a harsh world, where survival is the only thing that matters, and in order to survive, Bella has to make a deal with 673. He is ruthless, a criminal, but there’s another side to him too.

I liked Bella. She’s always taken care of others, and even on Dragath25, she’s still putting others’ needs in front of her own. She wouldn’t leave without her friends, for example, no matter how dire the situation ahead of them. Throughout the book, she went through quite the development, and the Bella at the end is a more mature and stronger version than the Bella we encountered at the start.

673 started out as rather unlikeable – he cared about no one but himself, or at least that’s what he liked to believe. But soon enough, he starts opening up to Bella, becoming more of the person he was before he was brought to Dragath25, and then he becomes more likeable, and by the end, I really felt for him. He’s actually a decent person once you strip away the layers of guilt he’s felt for all this time.

With excellent world building, great writing, and a lot of hot, sizzling chemistry between the main characters, I recommend this book to everyone who enjoys scifi romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trapped.

Started Reading