Alicia May's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling

it was ok

2.5 stars.

Oh I wanted so badly to love this. The script style of this story really doesn't do it justice. So much is missing, there's no descriptions of people, backgrounds, feelings, thoughts, props nothing. This is pure dialogue because everything else would be portrayed by the actors and props on stage. This is like a trailer for the play and it gives you all the spoilers in the most lack lustre and shitty way. I can now only imagine how amazing the play would have been if I'd have gone in blind but alas, earwax! *teehee* no really, alas I can't get to London and the shows sold out so will have to do even though it really doesn't. The plot itself is amazing! So twisty and turny and riveting I just wish I'd been along for the adventure instead of watching from the sidelines. Having just the script to go by is not enough, I know basically nothing about the characters and therefore can't possibly even hope to care about them!! Sigh. I hope they make a film at least but really I want 7 more books. Potterheads are never happy, I guess.

Format: book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

February 15, 2016 – Shelved
February 15, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
February 17, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 31, 2016 –
page 83
August 1, 2016 –
page 179
52.19% "God this is great but the script style of this is holding it back. I can't see backgrounds or magic and the emotions that would be acted out by the actors on stage are just missing here. Half way through this book and I don't feel like I even know the main character Albus. Dying for a fleshed out story of this play! In saying that the plot of this is supremely epic!"
Started Reading