Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Mar 16, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: dystopia, won, i-own, could-have-been-better, disappointed, yawn, killing-machine
Read from May 11 to 18, 2012 — I own a copy

Hmm...I wonder what will happen to Peter. Will he become a better person or will he stay an a-hole?

First of all,I am NOT one of those people who give 5 star rating to every damn book they read(obviously) so I am NOT going to give Insurgent 5 stars just because Divergent was great. That is not enough. I know all of my friends will say I am crazy for not liking this book but after reading books for so many years I just can't put up with certain things.

I understand some characters need to die in dystopian novels but there was so much death in here. Charley Davidson (First Grave on the Right) will have her hands full.

I was completely in love with Divergent and I couldn't wait to see what will happen next. But after months of torture I got a lot of yawning and eye rolling. Tris was such a frustrated MC. The Elena Gilbert type of MC-she is always selfless,tries to do the right thing all of the freaking time. Now I'm thinking that I probably never really liked Tris. The best thing about Divergent was the story itself. Insurgent had a lot action but it felt kind of dry. It didn't had that spark-the think that got me hooked in the first place. I've said the same thing in my review of Legend. Also that so called cliffhanger was laughable. Is it even a cliffhanger? Dunno,don't care.

How to rate this? I have no idea. In the end it wasn't bad but I need to remember in the future not to expect miracles from authors. One more thing,I have a major crush on Peter. I like him cause he is a bastard so that probably makes me a bad person. I just don't care,I want that twisted son of a gun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

05/11 page 168
32.0% "I am not in love but it's still interesting."
05/16 page 358
68.0% "For some reason I think there is still hope for Peter."
05/18 page 371
71.0% "*yawn*"
05/18 page 376
72.0% "Is Peter Jeanine's son or what?"
05/18 page 453
86.0% "My Team Warner heart beats for Peter. Yes,I like him. I admit it!" 3 comments
02/06 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan Walsh I don't really know, but I'm looking forward to what Roth will do to his character. Whatever she'll do to him, it'll be... awesome.

message 2: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan Walsh Maeve wrote: "Ha!!! I think that it may be too late for his character. I mean, it's pretty difficult to go back from stabbing one of your friends in the eye. Myself, I hope something terrible and painful and mes..."

Yeah ; )
I'm looking forward to Peter getting his comeuppance, and if he doesn't (if the author just forgives him all his misconducts and leaves him without consequence) I am going to be SOOOO mad.

message 3: by Creative (new) - added it

Creative A I have a feeling we're going to learn that he's complex and flawed with good and bad, etc etc, because Tris is the kind of person who struggles with that, and Roth is the kind of person who writes complex characters.

message 4: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan Walsh Creative wrote: "I have a feeling we're going to learn that he's complex and flawed with good and bad, etc etc, because Tris is the kind of person who struggles with that, and Roth is the kind of person who writes ..."

I agree. I want him to get hit over the head with a frying pan, get knocked out and be left for dead in wolf country, but... Tris and gang wouldn't have "saved" him if he wasn't going to be important, and a way of him being important to this storyline is by struggling with his character. However, he could also end up deciding to spy on Tris and the "Rebellion" and thus, be a traitor.
I am eager to see what Roth will do to his character.

message 5: by Lux (new) - added it

Lux Langdon peter is a bABE okay i want him to be a good person but at the same time he should still be a troublemaking asshole :~)

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner LOL I've never heard someone calling him a babe. He does have a certain appeal but at the same time I am freaked out buy what he is willing to do to save his own skin.

Scarlet ISPIT? KNJIGA? DOJMOVI?

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner Citala sam je jucer nesto malo. Ustala sam u pola 6,i na faxu sam bila od 8 do skoro 7. Tako sam bila umorna. Ispit sam polozila. Danas vjerovatno moram ici sa tetkom i malom do rodbine u drugom gradu,pa necu bas stici puno procitati.

Scarlet Čestitam za ispit! :)
Uživaj danas s rodbinom. Knjiga neće pobjeći. :*

Wendy Darling You're not crazy...I had mixed feelings about this, too. What's your rating, btw?

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner Thank you,God. There are people who think the same way as me.

Hmm...not sure. Maybe 3 stars? But than again it was more like 2,5.

I feel bad because everybody's been giving it 5 stars.

Birgit Jõgeva at last! I was starting to feel terrible. Yeah, Tris is brave, but at some point I got really tired about her self pity and depression about killing Will. I just wanted to yell at her get over it and grab the gun! She had chest pains on every other page. But Peter - there's a boy with principles!

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner I used to hate Peter because of the things he did in Divergent but I kinda have a crush oh him now. I also have a feeling that Tris and Four are awkward together.

Sinai C. X) I literally had no romantic feelings for Peter until I read this review, and them--BAM! The Universe makes sense. I literally finished the book 10 minutes ago, and my goodness-Idek what I read. Tris and Four WERE kinda awks, I mean--they fought SO much...I was happy when they made up, but like...Aghamemfivs.

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner :D I usually like the bad guys more than the good ones. Warner(Shatter Me) and Darkling(Shadow and Bone)

I had such high expectations for Insurgent after Divergent blew my mind away but in the end Insurgent was such a mess. Hope that the third book will be better.

Aleksandra I agree, I finally finished it, and I didn't like it & I almost hated Tris, I had to make myself finish it, and at the end that was my reaction, too, I heard there's supposed to be some great cliffhanger, and even though I'm not usually a fan of them, those rare full of awesomeness I adore, and I can't even say that this was a cliffhanger.
In the end, I'm glad I'm not the only one, since everyone else seemed to loved it.
I will still pick up Allegiant, since it's the last one,

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner Hope the third book doesn't disappoint. I didn't even pre-order it. I'm not sure I'll order it now, that it's out. I just lost every ounce of interest I had for this trilogy.

Scarlet Zemira Warner wrote: "Hope the third book doesn't disappoint. I didn't even pre-order it. I'm not sure I'll order it now, that it's out. I just lost every ounce of interest I had for this trilogy."

Same here!