Kathy's Reviews > Breaking Busy: How to Find Peace and Purpose in a World of Crazy

Breaking Busy by Alli  Worthington

Breaking Busy: How to Find Peace and Purpose in a World of Crazy by author Alli Worthington is such a timely book for the women of today. I first heard about Breaking Busy through the Propel Women Book Club. Readers can read along through the Propel Women Facebook page. I am enjoying all of the bible study material they are providing including resources and summaries to enrich the reading and studying of Breaking Busy.

My goodness, what women does not fall into the trap of being too busy. Many of today's women work or home school their children as well as having them involved in many activities. Even empty-nesters like myself can fall into this trap. It is all about how to say No. How to know which activities you are actually called by God to be involved in. Breaking Busy is a great book to help the reader achieve the goal of not overextending themselves. How to stop the busyness!

How many times have you said I am so tired...I am so busy! We all have. We need to stop. We need peace and fulfillment in our lives. Not busyness. Being busy does not mean you are using your time wisely. Sometimes you get roped into things, like coaching one of your children's teams, because nobody else volunteers. Do you know what..if you say NO...someone will say Yes. Someone who was too shy to say something...someone who really is called to fill that spot. You need to break the Busy Habit. Using biblical examples, Alli Worthington helps the reader understand that being busy is not where God wants us to be.

Sometimes we are so busy that we end up neglecting God. Breaking Busy is a great resource for helping us identify how we are so busy with church, family and work activities that we neglect what is important in life. I like the Action Steps at the end of each chapter. Worthington asks us to ponder questions about our life. For example at the end of Chapter Two, she asks:

Ask yourself: What are the things in my life that really matter?
How can you deepen your connection to Christ? What one thing can you do each day to build your connection?
Pick one thing that will connect you more deeply to an important person in your life - then do it.

There is an abundance of great material in Breaking Busy. Alli Worthington is a new to me author that I am very impressed with. The Introduction to the book is written by one of my favorites, Christine Caine.

Be sure to pick up a copy of Breaking Busy. Great inspirational book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Busy.

February 14, 2016 – Started Reading