Aj the Ravenous Reader's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

bookshelves: classic, fantasy, lol, love-love-love, five-stars
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Normally, I congratulate myself for finishing a 500 + page novel but after reading 734 pages of this book, my only reaction was “How could it already be over?”The more I read Harry Potter, the harder I fall in love with J.K. Rowling. I couldn’t grasp how she could make this most fantastic series with the most complex and most expertly planned out plot, you could tell she was so sure of the story the moment she started writing the first book. Her attention to detail is more than impressive and the diversity and the realness of her characters are just unbelievable. Every single character (even inanimate ones) is fully developed. I am just absolutely, completely, astonished!

ONTO THE RANDOM STUFF

Lol higlights
1. George and Fred and their skiving snack boxes. These boys are just too funny. “Maybe Harry’s next task is to attack Percy while he’s in the shower.”
2. Professor Dumbledore and his twinkling eyes.
3. Hagrid and Madam Maxine- a match made in er…the mountains?
4. When is Vicky short for Viktor? When Ron’s jealous. Lol.
5. “Herm-own-ninny” says Krum. (Bahahaha!)
6. Socks that screamed loudly when they became too smelly-Harry’s sweetest gift to Dobby.^^
7. Dobby calling Ron “Wheezy!”
8. Super cute Pigwidgeon being called “Pig” (Bahaha!)

Grrr inducing moments/characters
1. Fleur Delacour, I am not very fond of ze way you act although I find ze way you talk fab.
2. Ron, you could really be an idiot sometimes. “Caught on, have you? Took you long enough.”
3. Draco, you foul creature! Don’t worry, Harry. I’ll make you a personal badge I’d wear all the time saying Harry Potter is the best. Rub the badge and it’ll change into “Harry Potter is the bestest!”
4. THAT RITA SKEETER!
5. He who must not be named is officially back! *shivers*
6. Harry, you could be a pain sometimes, you know? All the danger signs are there. Your dreams, your scar, your name out of the goblet. Why won’t you listen to Hermione?

Woah moments
1. Harry against the Horntail: Way to go, Harry!
2. The triwizard tournament of course
3. Basically all the tasks! Harry is awesome! 50 points to Gryffindor for answering the Sphinx’ question.

Hermione moments
1. Hermione, her big heart and brain for the SPEW, I mean S.P.E.W.
2. ”So basically, you’re going to take the best-looking girl who’ll have you, even if she’s completely horrible?”
3. Her relentless support to Harry.
4. Hermione and the Yule Ball.

Sherlock thought
1. I was almost sure it’s (view spoiler) who was the culprit. I was terribly wrong. I’m no Sherlock after all.

Crying moments
1. Ron and Harry made up. (I was positively howling right along with Hermione)
2. J.K. Rowling says “let the killing of noble characters begin” (view spoiler) *wails*
3. Harry and his big heart. (view spoiler) Let me give you a Mrs. Weasley signature rib crushing hug.

A few of the many things the movie got wrong or missed to include:

1. Winky & Dobby & Mr. Bagman.
2. Went on ruining the mystery of the story right from the beginning. Ugh!
3. Rita Skeeter’s most well deserved punishment.^^ All thanks to Hermione.^^
4. Wormtail being all smug.
5. Hermione’s ball dress should have been periwinkle blue!

P.S. Harry's first attempt at romance happened here so it makes perfect sense that I'm posting this review on Love Day. What's more perfect is I get to greet my smart and sexy French Friend, Anna a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you're having the best day, my awesome friend! I was going to read something else for you but I can't keep my hands off Harry Potter. I am positively hexed. Lol.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Started Reading
February 8, 2016 – Finished Reading
February 13, 2016 – Shelved
February 13, 2016 – Shelved as: classic
February 13, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy
February 13, 2016 – Shelved as: lol
February 13, 2016 – Shelved as: love-love-love
May 13, 2019 – Shelved as: five-stars

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)

Medini Aj!!! Your HP reviews are hitting me with a tsunami of nostalgia :((( I HAVE to re-read these books for the sake of my sanity :P It's been too long!

Julissa I was going to say the same as Medini!!! I read this so long ago and your review just took me back to those years and the feelings! *.* Loved the detail of this review and your random stuff are awesome! :)

Medini @Julissa- Cheers :D

Julissa @Medini We should buddy re-read or something! :D

Aj the Ravenous Reader Medini & Julissa: Thank you so much for reading this rubbish, lovely ladies. Lol. You go buddy reread HP. It'd be awesome to see your reviews and updates. <3

Ana: I know how much you love, Harry. Lol! Thanks, hun. <3

Adita ✨The Slumbering Insomniac✨ Incredible! You are to Harry Potter reviews what Rowling is to Harry Potter, no kidding, AJ! Very Lovely! <3

message 7: by Masooma (new)

Masooma A quick, excellent review, my gem. You're the sweetest <3

Medini @Julissa-Definitely!! I believe there is a community HP re-read that takes place around December where a LOT of people re-read HP :P Harry Christmas or something like that!

Hayat Absolutely brilliant review, Aj! I can feel how much you love the Harry Potter series and I can also see how much you are addicted! Just a quick heads up, the addiction gets worse but it's cure is reading more of Harry potter! Hehe! ;D XO

Daiane “How could it already be over?”

It's not over my friend. It will always be there. Always...

message 11: by Kels (new)

Kels Fantastic review dear! I tell myself that one day I will read this, but I never see myself actually getting to it! But since you are enjoying it, I definitely will have to bump it on my TR list!

Fabian {Councillor} I hope to be able to borrow this book from the library early next week, so that I can see for myself how wonderful it is (which I hope it will be). I haven't read your review for that reason, because I don't want to be spoiled about certain plot elements, but knowing your other reviews, I'm absolutely sure that it is brilliant as usual. :)

Books are TARDIS Haha, absolutely love this review. Winning :D This is definitely one of the best in the series. Yep, the killing has sadly just begun. Hold your blanky close, hold your favorite characters closer. Your crying moment #2 was coincidentally (view spoiler)

message 14: by Pang (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pang Harry Potter!!! :D <3

message 15: by Darina (new)

Darina Glad to see ur enjoying this series.I still havent finished this series :D

Trixi #WATERFLAME Very funny review, Aj! ^^ Agree with every word that you've said. Hehe

message 17: by Donita (new)

Donita Luz Now I think I'm going to have my own crying moments.. reading this review bring backs memories./ :)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Adita: Lol. You’re too sweet. I don’t even consider my Harry Potter reviews real reviews. More like notes but thank you for your kind words. <3

Masooma: I’m surprised you think this is quick, my gem. Lol. You ARE the sweetest. <3

Hayat: Lol, Hayat, thank you for those really big words. I don’t think this review deserves them. This is very random and yes, I know that now. There is no cure except keep on reading them. Lol. Thank you, dearie. <3

Daiane: Aw, of course. That’s true. I only meant this particularly book in the series. I’m surprised I’m still craving for more despite reading so many pages already.hehe.

Kelly: I was like you more than a year ago, Kelly. I didn’t see the big deal since I have already seen the movies but I was wrong. Harry Potter books are the biggest deal, Kelly! You have to read them! <3 Thank you, sweetie. <3

Fabian: Aw, thank you for the vote of confidence, Fabian. You’re a true and loyal friend. I hope you get the copy soon and I’m sure you’ll love the book. <3

Fai: Lol. More like my notes for the book, Fai. I want to be able to remember as many scenes as I can from each Harry Potter book. I actually finished Book 5 and oh my heart! The killing indeed continues. *wails* It’s true. Even Dear Prof. Dumbledore has limits. *sniffs* Thank you, my dear friend. <3

Pang: Harry Potter is love! I am developing a huge crush on Daniel Radcliffe. Lol.

Darina: I am, sweetie. I am obsessed! Gaaah! You have to finish the series.^^

Trixi: Yay. Thank you, Dear Trixi.

Donita: Aw. Lemme hug you now. <3

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Awesome review, Ate AJ! :D Nostalgic review. Me wants to go on Yule Ball :P

Aditi Brilliant review AJ!!

message 21: by Masooma (new)

Masooma Quick in sense that it is easy to read and appreciate a review written in points. =)

message 22: by Anne (new)

Anne THIS WAS SPECTACULAR!!!! I love how you were able to pick out and share all your memorable moments! And more delightful is the fact that some of them were my memorable moments too!! Ahhhhhh!!!! **stomps feet excitedly** THIS IS THE BESTEST!!! I'm so happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! My whole world is spinning!! **squeals**

Jenny Wonderful review, Aj! I am looking forward to continuing this series after reading your review of each book :)

Pinky Amazing review! I loved how you put random stuff and had different categories! So unique!

Lindsy *Explorer of the Fictional Worlds* Hilarious review as always, Aj! I regret I watched the movie first, but at least I learnt that Krum looked like a basketball player. And I can't believe Ron Wheezy (XD) kept his little secret about Hermione until his seventh year! People think they're one of the best couples ever but J.K. Rowling actually regrets making them one. No more talk about them. Move on to Dobby. I can't blame that poor little elf, he is a house elf so he has an alibi. Hermione's dress was pink in the movie, and I respect your ideas, but I don't think she likes blue! (I do. I really do.) Anyway, could we buddyread on Harry Potter book 8 (when it comes out in exactly Harry's birthday)? Thanks! One of your best reviews, Aj! ^^

message 26: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli AJ the Potterhead! :) So happy that the series continues to amaze you, AJ dear. Makes me want to read the second book already. Haha! Beautiful, fangirling review! :)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Beatrice: Thank you, Sweet Bea. I know the details make you nostalgic. It was really my intention. hehe.

Aditi: Thank you, Dear Aditi.

Masooma: Ahhh. Your wisdom once again shines, my gem! hehe...

Anne: Aaaah! I can't help it, Bes. I want something to make me remember as much as I can from each book of this series and so my reviews are more like notes, collection of my memories of Harry Potter Books. I can never let go! Lol. Thank you for the most enthusiastic comment, Bes. <3 <3 <3

Jenny: Thank you, Dear Jenny and I'm looking forward to how you like the books. I just love them sooo much. <3

Pinky: Aw, thank you sweetest Pinky. <3 <3 <3

Lindsy: Aw, thank you sweetie. I certainly agree with you about Ron and Hermione being the best couple of all time. J.K shouldn't have doubted her decision. Dobby? I love Dobby! He's one of my favorite characters in the series. hehe. About Hermione's dress.-lol. In the book though it was periwinkle blue and yes to the buddyread! <3

Pearl: Yeah, Pearly. I completely obsessed! Lol. Thank you for your sweet words and I can't wait for you to read the books in the series. <3

message 28: by Deanna (new)

Deanna I have loved loved loved your Harry Potter reviews (well I love all your reviews) but I really have enjoyed seeing how much you liked them! Excellent review as always, Pretty one <3

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm Rita Skeeter managed to ruin this book for me. hahaha.. just kidding! I love Harry Potter and everyone else in it. I'm glad you love this too! Great awesome review Aj :)

Katerina Wow stunning review my lovely friend!!This is my favorite HP book!:D

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

This review is so cool, Aj! I remember some of the details from the movie but it's a shame important things were'nt presented in the movie. I really think I have to read the books too. ;)

Nicay │The Nerdy side of a Queen I love this review Ate. I need to read this soon. :)

Christina Love your review! And so glad you're still living HP ;) I NEED to do a re-read!!

message 34: by Alafiya (new)

Alafiya Another creative way of writing a review! <3 Fantastic as usual. <3333

Alejandro Wicked good review, Aj ;)

message 36: by Alex (new)

Alex Great review! i didn't get to read fully (in case of spoilers) but I'm glad you liked it so much!! :)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Ate Deanna: Aw, Ate Deanna. That means so much to me and you know I love, love, love your reviews too, right? Thank you, my gorgeous Ate. <3

Ate Claire: Hehe. I hate that girl, Ate. She deserves to be punished.hehe Thank you, Ate Claire. <3

Katerina: Thank you, my lovelier friend. <3

Sarah: Thank you, dearest Sarah and yeeees! I think you really have to read the books too! <3

Nicay: Thank you, Dear Nicay and please do! Please do! <3

Christina: Thank you, Christina. I am. I can’t get enough of Harry Potter and yes, you need to reread! <3

Alafiya: Aw, thank you, my super cool friend. <3

Kuya Alejandro: Hehe. “Wicked” reminds me of Ron. Thank you so much.^^

Alex: Good thinking, Alex. Hehe. Thank you so much. <3

AJ (the.booknerd.reads) Wow, I had actually forgotten how many little things I loved about this book until you recapped them in your magnificent review! Great job!
Ps- I HATE how Winky wasn't in the movie! I feel like she would have been such an excellent addition to the movie, and she probably would have gotten a few laughs if we'd gotten to see her all drunk in the kitchens (a place we also never saw... Oh well lol)

message 39: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Maniacup Hahaha! You're an HP addict,dear sis! Not only that you've read this series,but you've also watched them(AGAIN!) Good thing,my husband had an original dvd copy of this series,huh?^^ I loved your enthusiastic,brilliant review btw!^^

Aj the Ravenous Reader Aj: Thank you, Aj. I'm glad you found this review helpful. I know! Dobby and Winky together in the movie would have been so cute and hilarious.

Ate Rachel: I am. I confess! I am obsessed, Ate Rachel. I don't know what I'll do when I finish the series. And yes, thank you to you and your handsome husband for the movies. hehehe. Thank you so much. <3

message 41: by Tabetha (new)

Tabetha Your review is calling to me again, Aj: "Read Harry Potter, Aj...you know you will love it!" Excellent, fun review!!

Aj the Ravenous Reader Oh yes, Ate Tabetha. Please read the Harry Potter books. You won't regret it. Thank you so much. <3

Mac Dubista Keso The Bibliobibuli v(=∩_∩=) Yeah yeah! Aj I just recently read this. Haha I need to stalk you frequently. Lmao! :) Awesome review! And I hate Rita! Grrr.. And about Cedric! Oh well, he's alive forever being a VAMPIRE. LOL! Dontcha worry. :) <3

Aj the Ravenous Reader Mac Dubista Keso The Bibliobibuli v(=∩_∩=) wrote: "Yeah yeah! Aj I just recently read this. Haha I need to stalk you frequently. Lmao! :) Awesome review! And I hate Rita! Grrr.. And about Cedric! Oh well, he's alive forever being a VAMPIRE. LOL! Do..."

Aw, thank you for stalking me, Mac. I really appreciate it. Lol. Rita Skeeter should go with Umbridge to Azkaban! lol. And you made me laugh big time. Yeah, Cedrick has become a vampire, alright! Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the Twilight Saga. hehe

message 45: by Weng (new) - rated it 5 stars

Weng Yasss! : )

Aj the Ravenous Reader Weng wrote: "Yasss! : )"

Yeees! <3

Vania Clarissa I thought I was the only one who laughed at that screaming socks Harry had bought for Dobby, that part was just too funny haha.

Mr T S Jones love book