Melissa's Reviews > Results May Vary

Results May Vary by Bethany Chase

Bethany Chase is now two for two when it comes to well-written and captivating novels. I will admit that the topics of both her novels (reuniting with a past love, spouse having an affair) are usually over done in chick lit and women's fiction, but she found a way to make them feel fresh and interesting.

There were a lot of intense moments in Results May Vary and I found myself gasping in shock at times. Other times, I would be laughing out loud. Bethany's characters felt so real and accessible that I forgot I was reading a book. The dialogue was genuine and the descriptions made everyone and everything easy to visualize without taking away from the narrative. I enjoyed the dynamic between Caroline and her sister, Ruby. It would have been entertaining to hang out with them both at the same time. I also enjoyed some of the steamier moments, that didn't even have to go too far to get into my head.

An aspect that stood out to me a lot was when Caroline had to solicit a donor for the museum where she works. I like the ways she went about grabbing this donor's interest and getting to know what appealed to them the most. I work in the field of fundraising, so I thought it was cool to see in a novel, even if it was for a different kind of place than where I work. I'm not even all that into art, but Bethany made the museum sound like a great place to visit.

My only concern was that Bethany waited a long time into the story to describe one of the characters and it completely changed my visualization of them. It wasn't a bad change, but I get thrown off when not all the describing factors are given to begin with.

Overall, it was a great sophomore novel and I look forward to many more from Bethany Chase.

Movie casting time!
Caroline: Abigail Spencer (As soon as I saw Timeless, I knew she was the right choice!)
Adam: Aaron Tveit
Ruby: AnnaLynne McCord
Jonathan: Justin Timberlake (I think it's the Tennessee connection.)
Neil: Sterling K. Brown

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Results May Vary.

February 13, 2016 – Shelved
February 13, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
October 11, 2016 – Started Reading
October 12, 2016 –
page 126
October 14, 2016 –
page 166
October 17, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Russell I may have to simply stop looking at your reviews! My TBR pile already makes me look like a hoarder!

message 2: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Russell P.S. I got Jeff's book in the mail yesterday and will read it over the weekend. Looking forward to it.

Melissa Lloyd wrote: "P.S. I got Jeff's book in the mail yesterday and will read it over the weekend. Looking forward to it."

Thanks. Hope you enjoy it.

Melissa Lloyd wrote: "I may have to simply stop looking at your reviews! My TBR pile already makes me look like a hoarder!"

LOL! You should see mine. :)

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Added it to my tbr!!

Melissa Suzanne wrote: "Added it to my tbr!!"

Yay!

Sue Great review. I have read it and really enjoyed this book

Melissa Sue wrote: "Great review. I have read it and really enjoyed this book"

Thanks!