Jolie's Reviews > The Shark Attacks of 1916

The Shark Attacks of 1916 by Lauren Tarshis

Mar 16, 2011

bookshelves: jake-s-books

This is Jacob's first review:

This book was surprisingly amazing. It is about a boy who thinks that a shark is in the water and his friends don't believe him. They don't believe him because they pulled a prank on him that there was a shark in the water. The boy wanted to get them back; he made a lake monster, and his friends thought someone had been killed. It made his friends really scared. Then his friends were in the water and the boy was screaming "get out of the water!" because there really was a shark coming; the boy's friends didn't believe him, so tragedy happens.

This book had surprises and had themes of friendship and "don't cry wolf". I also liked that the boy showed bravery.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shark Attacks of 1916.

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Thanks Jake. This book sounds intense. I'm almost tempted to give this book to my kids. But I'm afraid it might make them afraid to go in the ocean. The beach is right down the street and we go there a lot. Do you think it would make them big, fat chickens?!

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula sounds like a nice book

Amerinmdj yeah but tell them that wasnt a truth story then they will not get scared to go to the ocean thats wat i did to my dauther shes 6yrs