Ren Puspita's Reviews > Archangel's Heart

Archangel's Heart by Nalini Singh

Simply 5 stars!!!

But all Guild Hunter books feature my favorite OTP Raphael and Elena is auto 5 stars for me. You can call me a little biased, but heh, I don't care :p. Read this in one sitting, until 3 a.m. Thanks Nalini Singh for relieve my stress..and adding a little bit to it since Idk when the next Guild Hunter will out, lol!

The story kinda come to full circle with the exploration of Elena's past. The mysteries and the suspense are written well. They keep me hanging by the thread, make me open page by page and I don't care that I read well pass midnight. The twist make my jaw drop. Not twisty like Sanderson's book, but still a twist nonetheless. All I can said is...WELL DONE NALINI!! I like to read the chapter when Elena discovered the truth. I don't know, her past is hard and so sad, so I like that Elena can find a little happiness from it.

I like that The Cadre have so many part here and how Nalini give all of them appearance. Not just a passing through characters, but characters with three dimensional trait. Sure that they are still ruthless, but readers will get a glimpse of their other side. I kinda think that Archangel's Heart is like Allegiance of Honour with so many ensemble cast. Since I'm not reading the later yet, I can't compare.

My favorite scene is when Caliane sings. I don't know, like Elena, when reading these parts, it almost bring tears to my eyes. I always fond to a character that can sing, tho. Also Elena kinda compromise with Tasha, Raphael's ex. Funny to read it, and I like that Elena is still jealous to Tasha but she didn't let her jealousy overwhelm her judgment. Elena still act classy while confirm her jealousness. Beside, I can't hate Tasha. She's not bitchy, kick ass and quite cooperative. Heck, I kinda like Michaela too! Her bitchiness still there, but there were some aspect from her that make the archangel not a shallow character.

Some nasty things happen...and well, well, Lijuan's threat still hanging in the air. I wonder when Her Creepiness will truly dead for good :/. I'm a little bit worried that Nalini prolong this Lijuan sub-plot to continue her Guild Hunter world building. In the other side, I like that Lijuan portrayed as a monsters she was. She already evolved beyond Uram, in case you wondering why Uram is so easily defeated by Raphael, but not Lijuan. I wonder that Nalini have for Lijuan.

I might be minority here, but I'm still think that why Bluebell and Sparkle can remain friends? Bromance is cool, like Raphael and Dmitri have *shrug* . I just hope Nalini don't jump into a bandwagon :P. Not much tell about the reason behind Aodhan's trauma, but I like that he kinda "pushed" into the spotlight. Now just left Venom, I feel that his appearance become less and less.

My complaint just..not enough sex. Just one scene...whaaaa :'(((. The declaration of love between Raphael and Elena can be too sappy and repetitive sometimes. But I'm in the mood of the sappiness, so just bring me all the sweetness of love that threat to make my teeth ache! I like that both Raphael and Elena are settle with their courtship. I always smile when reading about Raphael laugh or any scene that involved he seems happy. You need to laugh more, Raphael! :D I still hope that at least Nalini can write one of those angel dance scene in this book. Alas, it's just my wishful thinking :P.

With so many new characters and subplot, I want Nalini to write at least about:
- Laric. Poor angel :(
- How Nadiel and Caliane met. Since they are both powerful archangels, but archangels not supposed to live very close to each other. I want to know their history.
- Kinda spoiler, but (view spoiler)

All I want know is...more Guild Hunter books!! I don't really care with Psy-Changeling series, because I already lost track. But Guild Hunter? I can see my self to do re-read, over and over. :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel's Heart.

February 11, 2016 – Shelved
December 1, 2016 – Shelved as: favorite-cover
December 1, 2016 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
December 1, 2016 – Shelved as: reviewed
December 1, 2016 – Shelved as: vampire

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Riz (new)

Riz Aww, jadi pengen lanjutin seri ini lagiii ❤ Terrific review, mbak Ren! :)

Ren Puspita Riz wrote: "Aww, jadi pengen lanjutin seri ini lagiii ❤ Terrific review, mbak Ren! :)"

Lanjut dooong :D