Choko's Reviews > The Great Hunt

The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan

bookshelves: fantasy, wheel-of-time, kick-ass-ladies
Read 2 times. Last read February 11, 2016 to July 10, 2016.

*** 5 ***

This book and this series never Ever disappoints! It is magical, bewitching, enthralling, intricate, thought and emotion inducing, addiction promoting, and all together superior to almost any other series I have ever read... !!!

Yep, this is the reason I can not write a review on any of the books in this series. I get into it and then I turn into an absolute and total fan-girl and only superlatives of wonderfulness jump from my brain... It is not that I think the book is perfect (ooo, that was very difficult to type!). No. I know that it was written by a human thus imperfection is a given, but boy is it close to what my soul acknowledges as close to perfection. As a second book in a 15 book series it is supposed to be a set-up, just world building and introduction to the conflict, right? But it is soooooo much more! It is all that, done in the most engaging way possible, plus everything else a good Fantasy book can deliver. Tears, fighting, laughter, angst, battles, politics, intrigues, Game of Houses, Good and Evil, quite a lot of gray, simple village youths finding their way to glory and responsibility, religion, magic, war.... All the spectrum of feelings, from good to bad, from joy to frustration, from excitement to depression... Put it all together in a masterfully balanced plot with a "weave" of prose that transports you as far away from reality as we can possibly get, and you have this marvelous universe of Robert Jordan's creation...! I do it an injustice with my poor ability to convey its majestic greatness...

Thus, the only thing left for all of you out there who have not as of yet read this series is obvious - get it and read it! You will not be sorry:-)

I wish all of you Happy reading and may every book you read be what you need!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Hunt.

January 22, 2014 – Shelved (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
January 22, 2014 – Shelved as: whee... (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
April 9, 2015 – Shelved as: fantasy (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
February 11, 2016 – Started Reading
February 11, 2016 – Shelved
February 11, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy
February 11, 2016 – Shelved as: wheel-of-time
July 10, 2016 – Finished Reading
July 19, 2016 – Shelved as: kick-ass-ladies

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by George (new)

George Jankovic Enjoy it. It's a very long series and a few books in the second half of the series are so so, but it's worth getting through the end. It is a great series overall. :)

Choko Thanks, George:) I am truly enjoying them:):):)

message 3: by Luke (new) - added it

Luke Taylor I actually DNF'd this, but it's not the book, it's me. I bought the whole series (b/c of Sanderson) and they're just too much of a commitment but I did enjoy The Eye of The World. I did give all the books to a high school age friend of mine and he read them all in two weeks! I'm going to save myself for The Stormlight Archive. I started The Way of Kings but knew I couldn't be writing while reading it. That was one whole book ago. Maybe soon, though! :\

Choko Luke, I understand... I just wish more people of the newer generation would give it a chance... It is very worth the commitment, if you have the time of course... I personally love the story and get a bit emotional, if you can't tell:-)

Michel Avenali Great review Choko. Wheel of Time is my all time favorite fantasy series; while it does have some issues for some, it is overall a fantastic voyage, especially the last 3 books.

message 6: by Choko (last edited Dec 10, 2017 12:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Choko Michel wrote: "Great review Choko. Wheel of Time is my all time favorite fantasy series; while it does have some issues for some, it is overall a fantastic voyage, especially the last 3 books."

Thank you so much, Michel!!! I love this series:):):) And I truly enjoyed even the slow, mostly political books too... It just gave the series more texture, not just battles and magic:):):)

Michel Avenali Choko wrote: "Michel wrote: "Great review Choko. Wheel of Time is my all time favorite fantasy series; while it does have some issues for some, it is overall a fantastic voyage, especially the last 3 books."

Th..."

Whenever I see someone else who enjoys the Wheel of Time it is an automatic "must friend request" from me. :)

Choko Michel wrote: "Choko wrote: "Michel wrote: "Great review Choko. Wheel of Time is my all time favorite fantasy series; while it does have some issues for some, it is overall a fantastic voyage, especially the last..."

Hahaha! I understand and I am very glad:):):)